Chapter 8

IMPORTANT: I am very sorry for late updates and shift of tenses within the chapters. I promise that both of those things will get better in a short time. Enjoy the story for now :D

Also I'd appreciate if you checked out my story No Control // l.t.

"Sorry young lady, are you here to see me?" My attention is grabbed by the middle aged man standing in the big door frame, located opposite the mirror that caught my attention. He was wearing a grey suit with an ocean blue tie that makes his outfit stand out. I scan my eyes over his relaxed expression and I am greeted by a warm smile on his face.

"I was told by Alex to go here," I say as he motions for me to enter his massive office. I sit onto the chair which matches practically everything else in the door. Minimalistic white interior with a touch of gold here and there. A coffee is instantly brought to me by an elderly lady. I can smell the strong scent of coffee, which is un comparable to the one they serve at local coffee shops. I take a sip from it and the bitter taste immediately kicks on my taste buds. I place the coffee back on the table and decide upon adding some milk to dilute the strong taste.

"I was told that you shall be an un expected gift to our coven or if should I say group? I do not want you to feel uncomfortable within the first few minutes of being in Inseptrum. Why don't you introduce yourself?"

"Of course," I mumble and shift on the chair, " my name is Charlotte Bergmann," As the words leave my mouth, the cup of coffee leaves the man's fingers. The cup is now shattered into hundreds of tiny pieces and scattered all over the floor. The once expensive and bitter coffee is spilled under the man's legs and it now covers his posh brogues, but he doesn't seem to notice. The man, who's name is yet unknown to me, stares at me with his mouth wide open and his light skin lost every bit of pigment it had just a few moments ago. I stare back at him absolutely numb, not offering him any help. With thousands of different questions running up my mind.

It is just moments later when Alex rushes into the room, trying to help the man to sit back down on his chair. Until that moment I did not realise the fact that the man has relocated himself into a another place. Everything is spinning and I am here sitting in this craziness, having no idea what do to.

"What is her main power?" The older man asks Alex through gritted teeth. Pointing at me, but never leaving Alex's eyes as he asks his question. At that moment it is hard to identify the tone in the man's voice. It might anything from anger to confusion and for a moment maybe even fear. I just look at the two of them and hope for someone to explain it to me. I hope for someone to get me out of this place or else I might go mad. Despite all of that, I sit on the chair with my mouth shut, not daring to let out a single word. Alex sighs and you could see desperation in his expression as he was gathering up the words to use. As if one wrong word could change everything he is about to say.

"We do not know yet. She did not go through any training. Therefore, we do not have any information about her strength or weaknesses. It is yet unknown who will be her partner and what will be her position an-" he is cut off by the man.

"Is there any chance that she inherited the specific type of power?"

"It is a fifty/fifty chance and I am not even sure if its her. That's why I did mention her name," says Alex and for a while I can see guilt in his eyes. As if I was a threat to the man.

"It is her," he says and points his finger towards me as he steps closer "do you know who I am ?" asks the man whit hope in his voice. Now standing closer to me then before. As I look at him there is something oddly familiar, but I can't figure out what it is. I shake my head instead of saying no.

"I am your father, Charlotte," he cups my cheek with his rough hand as he says that. I instantly step away and shake my head. Out of all the people it couldn't be him. I don't want to believe him. He can't just come back into my life after failing to be there for over eighteen years. He hasn't got the right to touch me like that and pretend that everything is okay. Because nothing is okay. He wasn't there when I needed him the most, he wasn't there at all. He has absolutely no right to consider himself my father.

"No, no. You are not my father," I manage to mutter through my sobs " you were never there when I needed you. And you have no right to be here now. I will never forgive you for what you did," I say as I move away form him. I yank my hand away from his grip and look at the man in front of me with pure disgust.

"Charlotte, please calm down," said Alex as he moved towards me. My back hit the hard wall which I didn't realise was behind me. The tears streamed from my eyes like drops of water from a waterfall. I could feel my breath being shaky and my hand trembling. The whole situation was too much to handle. I felt overwhelmed by everything these days. I was alone in a whole new continent, my orchestra teacher - who seemed to be arrogant and more strict than a teacher should be -, then the thing about me being a witch and a strange man daring to call himself my father. At that moment all I wished for was staying at home. Not leaving my country and not being too selfish to stay there. I put myself into a different world, an overwhelming world, something that I couldn't process properly.

"We'll be back soon, Hans," said Alex as he pulled me out of the room. Hans, I thought to myself. That must be his name and of course it was a German name, "Charlotte, get your mess together. There are things more important than a father who left you . After all, it wasn't even his fault. Now, please go back inside and apologise for your behaviour. Everything else will be explained later," I nodded, wiped of my tears and did what Alex told me to do.

All the love xx