Chapter 5

P.S. I am writing this in the candidates room, waiting to write my GCSE (British kids understand the struggle) in a few minutes. I'm really sorry for the dull sentences but I couldn't leave you guys waiting. I promise that next chapter will be much more content.
I'd also very appreciated if you checked out my fan fiction No Control!! It would mean the world to me

PS I'm sorry for shifting tense I will correct that in all chapters. (5th June 2015)

After experiencing the pleasant taste of various vegan foods at Whole Foods I am now ready to explore New York with Christina.

"Did you enjoy being a vegan for half an hour of your life?" Christina asks with a slight laugh.

"Actually I did. I might even buy some groceries in there in the future. So where are we going now?"

"To my friend's place, he's the best baker in the city. Besides it's just around the corner."

I just nod and follow her. As we are walking through the streets of New York I once again admire all the tall buildings. However, they look completely different to the ones I've seen around Empire State Building. These are filled with much warmer colors and I enjoy looking at how the brick red buildings blend in with the yellow autumn leaves. It gives this neighborhood a friendly vibe and makes you feel more welcome. People around me are riding bikes or are on a walk with their dog, and there are barely any cars on the road. Just through the short period of time that I'm in New York, I think that I like this part of it the most. It seems calm and safe to me.

"Daydreaming, eh?" I am suddenly torn apart from my thoughts.

"Uhm yeah. Well no, I was just thinking about this neighborhood. It seems lovely."

"Right, it definitely is a family friendly part of New York. Well we are here, told ya it isn't that far away," Christina says with a smile.

"Weren't we supposed to go to a bakery?" I ask with a slight confusion when I see that we are standing in front of a family house.

"Don't worry. He bakes everything in his apartment and then delivers it to his customers."

Just as she finishes her sentence I can see a man standing in the doorway greeting her. He is tall and slim, he has a strange haircut and I assume he is Japanese. Although, I'm not sure.

"Hello Christina," he says as he lets us into his apartment, "you must be Charlotte. You're even more stunning than on photos I've seen of you."

I am shocked by his last sentence. How on earth does he have my photo. I try to let it go off my mind but it still haunts me. Have I decided to go out with the wrong people? They seem pretty normal, are they pretending to be nice? Unfortunately I have no other option then just to wait and find out the truth.

"I don't think that Christina told you about me. I'm Alex, her good friend and the best baker in New York. I'll be right back, it wouldn't be very appropriate if I made you sit here without anything to sip on," says Alex and rushes off to the corridor.

I look around and I assume that Christina went with him. The apartment seems very organized, too organized for a man. It is composed from a lot of vibrant colors and makes it different from any other houses. The blinds are slightly shut and there are about ten white candles lit above the fire place and on the cupboards. I spot some strange objects but I don't give them any attention, and they seem to fit into the interior. The whole house is scented by all the sweet deserts and strawberries.

Just a few moment later I can see Alex and Christina coming back from the kitchen. Christina is holding a plate full of small circles. As I look better at it I recognize that those are macarons. Whilst Alex holds a beautifully arranged slice of cake. From the distance it seems like a masterpiece. He sets it down on a table alongside with a drink in a plain black, but interestingly shaped mug.

"Here you go. This salted caramel cake is by far my favorite and you can't have a cake without a cup of tea. Now don't be confused by the taste of the tea. Green tea with milk is very good for your organs and I highly appreciate the detoxicating effect of green tea. Just try it sweetheart."

I take a bite from it and it really does taste deliciously. The taste of caramel is very different yet surprisingly very pleasant. Although, the tea definitely doesn't belong to my favorites.

"Have you ever experienced the feeling of being different from ordinary people?" Asks Alex and I'm put aback for a while.

"Pardon? Is there a reason why I should?"

"Yes, Charlotte, yes there is a reason why you should feel that way. You are different from all the other people. You are better, and much more powerful than you think you are," says Alex much more seriously.

"I don't know what are you talking about."

"You're like us. You're a witch," I am left shocked hearing this because it is the last thing I expected to hear.

"No. No way. Look, if you want to be funny then please go and prank someone else. I don't need to spend my time here being fooled by some crazy people," I yell at him.

"I reacted in the same way when they said that I was a spell setter, if you prefer that term."

"I don't believe you," just as I finish the sentence objects start flying around me. Sharp object and it seems as if they were protecting me. I never experienced something like this. They move in a circular motion around my body and don't let anything pass through.

"How can you not believe me? You just created a safety field around you. Now you have to be careful with your emotions and power. Anyone can sense the fear from you."

"You did it," I say in tears and my voice cracks " I've never done anything like this in my life. Not once, there's no way this is real."

"Your father built a block inside of you. You couldn't set spells until you were unblocked, that's what I did now. You need training. Unfortunately I can't put the block back on you. Charlotte, we will meet every day and I will teach you how to control your power. It's too much for you to absorb but I promise that you will be alright."

"How is this real?" I ask crying.

"Don't worry," says Christina as she holds my hand "you need some rest and we will sort it out later." Then she leads me into a bedroom and as soon as I lay on the bed, my eyes close shut and I am drifting in the world of my crazy dreams.

YAYYYYY you finally get to know why is this story in Science Fiction. Didn't see that coming, did you?