The Love Square {26}

“So, today?” Collie asked me as we gathered our stuff afterschool the next day.

                I nodded and gulped. “Yea. Today.”

                “Hey, calm down,” Collie said, patting me on the back.

                “Hi Colin! Hi Collie!” Emma said, coming over to us with a smile. She glanced at me and the smile slipped off of her face. “What’s wrong Colin? Are you okay?”

                I glanced at Collie and he nodded at me. His eyes told me that Emma was the place to start with coming out. She would accept me.

                “I just…Today I’m telling my parents that I’m b-b-b…” I trailed off, blushing heavily. I dropped my head in shame.

                I looked up and spotted Ant. He was walking down the hallway, waving his arms wildly as he talked to Zane, excitement in his eyes at whatever he was saying. My eyes trailed over the healing bruises on his face.

                “I’m bisexual and dating Ant Andrews,” I said, meeting Emma’s eyes steadily. “I’m telling them that tonight.”

                Emma cocked her head to the side curiously. “I didn’t know that. When did you start dating Ant? Ant Andrews?”

                I nodded at her, the blush returning to my face. Had Emma ever known that I liked her? I had never given her that letter…

                “Not long ago. And yes, Ant Andrews. It’s kind of complicated. I’ll explain everything to you another time,” I said with a sigh.

                Collie slapped a hand on my shoulder and smirked. “See, bro? It’s not that hard. Just keep Ant in mind, and speak the truth,” he said.

                “Yea,” I mumbled, glancing down at my feet. I shrugged Collie’s hand off and wandered over to Ant and Zane.

                “Hi Colin!” Ant said cheerfully, waving at me.

                “Hey Ant. Can I talk to you in private?” I asked.

                Ant nodded. We cautiously snuck into the locker rooms together and made sure they were empty. I turned to Ant and pulled him into my arms.

                “I just told Emma. I can do this Ant. And I’m going to do it. I’m going to tell my mom and dad that I’m bisexual and I’m dating you,” I said.

                “And remember Colin: You can come to my house tonight. You can stay the night if you want to. Just know that you’re not alone with this. You’ve got me, Collie, and Emma,” Ant said, leaning up and pressing his lips to mine.

                “I’ll come to your house once I tell them. I know I’ll need to get out and away,” I said. I pecked his lips one more time before we left the locker rooms.

                “Good luck,” Ant whispered to me before making his way back over to Zane.

                I watched them walk down the hallway and out of sight. Collie came over to me and handed me the car keys.

                “Let’s go,” he said, giving me a little shove.

                We made our way down to the car and got in. I pulled out of the parking lot as Collie plugged in his iPod and let the music start.