The Love Square {8}

***Ant’s POV***

                “Hey Ant, I have a question,” Zane said as we sat at the lunch table.

                “Yea?” I asked curiously.

                “Did you ever consider that Collie might have a crush on you?”

                I burst into laughter and slapped a hand over my mouth. I shook my head wildly, trying to get my laughter under control.

                “Collie? Like me?” Just the very idea of it had me laughing all over again. It was a minute before I had finally calmed down enough to talk again.

                “No, Zane. I don’t think Collie likes me at all. The guy is straight,” I pointed out.

                Zane ran a hand through his hair and let out a sigh. “I don’t know Ant. It’s just…well, when he defends you, the look on Colin’s face says that Collie rarely goes against him. And yesterday, I caught him staring at you during lunch.” He shrugged.

                “Collie doesn’t have a crush on me. Besides, Colin and I are in love,” I said with an affirmative nod.

                “Colin is a homophobe, Ant. I don’t think you guys are exactly in love,” Zane pointed out.

                I waved my hand at him dismissively. “Details, details. Give it some time Zane. He’ll realize his feelings for me eventually!”

                Zane quickly and casually glanced to the side before looking back at me. “Don’t look, okay? But he’s staring at you again. Ant, the guy likes you. He’s looking at you with a look similar to the one that you give Colin,” he said, raising an eyebrow at me.

                “Zane, Collie doesn’t like me!” I said, frowning.

                Zane grinned at me, reaching over and pinching my cheek. “Aw, my little Anthony is in denial! He has a crush on you!”

                “No he doesn’t,” I whined, swatting Zane’s hand away from my face. “He doesn’t have a crush on me!”

                “Who doesn’t have a crush on you?”

                I let out a yelp and jumped backwards, nearly falling out of my chair as I spun to face Collie. He watched me calmly.

                “Uh…uh…uh…” I stuttered, trying to come up with a lie. “Uh…Zane’s…dad. Yea, Zane’s dad doesn’t have a crush on me!”

                “Yep, I’ll definitely guarantee that he doesn’t,” Zane grumbled, rolling his eyes at my horrible lying skills.

                “Right. Well, good to know your dad isn’t a pedophile Zane,” Collie said, sitting in the seat next to me.

                “Um, so what did you need?” I asked him curiously. Wouldn’t Colin get mad that he was over here talking to me?

                “Did you read that letter?” he asked, getting right to the point.

                “No!” I cried. “I honestly didn’t! That would be so disrespectful and a complete invasion of privacy! I just peeked, saw the ‘Dear Emma’, and closed it. The letter was for Emma, not me.”