Chapter 39: No Reasoning

"Love is my biggest default." Vinmir mumbles under his breathe. "I let it control me."

"No, that's what makes us human." Sachi responds, rubbing Vinmir's shoulders. His stomach wrapped in bandages. I flinch away from Karim's gentle touch. Flicking my eyes to the ground.

"Please, don't." Karim sighs, leaving me be. How can I be this selfish? Only thinking of myself. I shiver, clutching the quilt tighter. "What have I done?"

"You killed my family." Vinmir snorts, still upset with me. Our eyes meeting.

"I haven't done anything. Why-"

"Don't speak to me. Allow everyone to be free of your horrid voice." Vinmir growls, Sachi sending me an apologetic look pulling Vinmir along with him.

"It was Xyrie. Ulin told you!" Sachi scolds him, loudly.

"I...know." I admit, rocking back and forth to comfort myself. Standing up, heading to the cliff side overlooking the area. Footsteps stop a few feet behind me. I frown. "Karim...just leave me alone. I beg of you, please."

"You have a wondrous voice, Sye the God of Sirens." Yumina sneakily comments, putting her hands on her hips, smirking.

"What do you want?" I ask, queerly, something's off. My eyes snaking over the dirt to her.

"That gorgeous child within you, should have a much powerful voice." Yumina chirps, all knowing.

"What are you..." I grumble, glaring at the beautiful grand Goddess chuckling and grinning.

"You don't want this child. I can take him from you. Just say deal and it's done." Yumina snaps her fingers. Crossing her arms. "Or perhaps you want to have Karim's child. You are rather promiscuous, pretending to be innocent."

"I...am not. I thought-he lied to me." I stutter, scrunching my brows up, getting angrier. "What does any of this bullshit have to do with anything? The war? Killing Xyrie? Why are you not helping?!"

"I simply mustn't chose sides." Yumina sniggers, poking her cheek cutely. I scowl, eyes flicking to the ground. She snickers, walking circles around me. "You are sick."

"I know. It's not gone. Titan lied."

"I simply returned it."

"What?!"

"For a God to reign properly, they must beat whatever I subject them to. Whatever problem is given they must find the solution. Simple as that." Yumina shrugs, half-heartedly. I gape.

"I'm gonna die, you bitch!"

"Ho ho, seems you've spent too much time with Daemon. You truly are not innocent."

"Only humans on earth can keep it at bay. We aren't-"

"Well now, someone has found his place in Wysteria." Yumina sniggers, clapping. "I am proud."

"I will not give up an unborn child, so you can play with it, tramp." I hiss, placing a hand on my stomach protectively. Yumina sighs, rubbing her temples.

"I will kill it. That is what must be done. After all, you yourself are an abomination. A forbidden breed. This child is also. The forbidden breeds must be eliminated."

"I won't abandon my kin like my father did to me. I won't!" I roar, Yumina covers her face, skidding back into the doorway, rolling her eyes, flipping her hair, and fading. I fumble with the quilt, tossing it aside. Rubbing my stomach. It's rather weird but..life finds a way...I guess. I gulp, sighing. "I'll never let them take you from me. I'll never leave your side. If your scared just call my name. I'll love you, it's a given, a promise...alright...."