My Soulmate is a Big Bad Wolf [15]

Chapter 14

The Truth

I never dared to speak or even just look at Xander after what happened. Thalia, on the other hand, suffered a post-kiss-witnessing-trauma disorder.

She kept on apologizing to me and to her older brother for like every 30 minutes for one solid week.

Well, the news spread throughout the whole mansion, and basically, everyone now knows that Xander and I kissed in the library.

Troy, Ethan, and James never stopped teasing me since then and it was getting annoying day by day. On the bright side, Xander stopped ignoring me...but the bad news is, he was always staring at me intensely and it was seriously giving me the creeps.

Two weeks had passed since the 'incident', and I decided to have an early morning jog to perk my body up. The sun isn't rising yet, but the skies were already painted with orange, yellow, and purple colors.

The morning breeze was pretty chilly, but it was tolerable with my short jogging shorts and fitted tank top. I took three lapses around the extremely huge garden while "On the Floor" by J.Lo was blasting on my headphones.

I was running for my fourth lapse when I noticed that I was running around the garden all this time, but not noticing the huge walls standing around the garden in a circular manner. The walls were covered with thick moss and it was then that I realized that I was running around outside the walls of a huge maze.

I stopped and stared at the maze in awe. Curiosity and adrenaline rushed through my veins as I noticed the entrance to the maze that was to my right.

I jogged towards the entrance while my mouth was hanging open. I turned right and left and in random directions as I explored the maze. The walls around were all covered in moss, it seems to get taller and taller as I continued jogging.

I turned right, then left, and kept on going and going for like ten minutes before I realized that I got lost.

Stopping to breath for a while, I paused and looked around. The walls were tall and endless, and the pathway leads in three directions.

Okay, right...left...or straight ahead?

I chose right and jogged again. After a few turns, I suddenly paused when I heard a sound, or more like music. It was coming from the other side of the wall to my right. The sound was a violin, and it was playing beautifully (here's the link:http://youtu.be/boz2bGu5M4A ). I continued running and trusted on my hearing unitl I found a passageway going to the source of the music.

But when I reached it, the music stopped. Suddenly, silence enveloped the whole maze and goose bumps ran across my spine. The sun is starting to rise, but the morning air is still cold. Everyone is probably sleeping and snoring in the mansion, and whatever happens around here, no one would be able to hear it.

"Boo!" a pair of arms wrapped around my waist.

I screamed my lungs out as I turned and jumped a several feet away from the culprit.

"Caleb! You scared the living daylights out of me!" I screeched and punched him hard in the gut. Caleb merely laughed and took the punch like it was a tickle or something...much to my disappointment.

"So now the curious Ivy is sneaking around the forbidden maze of Harrington", Caleb smirked and hugged me. Did I mention he was shirtless?

I awkwardly pulled away and smiled at him.