Part 3

Lauren's POV

Everyone got up from their seats and started walking out of the conference room. Will told us to meet back here in an hour to go over everything before the interview. Still in a daze I started walking the opposite way of everyone. As I started pulling out my phone a hand grabbed my wrist. Turning around I saw it was Camila. I didn't really look at her. I was just still too caught up in what just happened.

" Can we talk now?" Camila practically begged me with pleading eyes.

" Not right now Camz. Not right now." Pulling my arm away from her only made her hold on to it stronger.

" We need to talk about this Lauren."

" I said not right now, Camila!" Pulling my arm with a lot more force this time Camila almost fell forward. I was still too distraught to even care. I started running down the hall. I didn't know where I was going I just needed to get away. Finally finding a secluded part of the building in a stairwell I pulled out my phone.

" Hello?"

"Papi.." As soon as that word left my mouth the hot tears began to stream down my cheeks.

" What's wrong Mija.." I couldn't say anything. My sobs wouldn't let me. " Lauren Michelle. Talk to me." My father begged.

Sniffling a few times and taking a deep breath I started composing myself. I pulled off my beanie and used it to wipe the black streaks off my face. " They're making Camila and I lie to everyone dad." Another sob left my lips. " They want to make Camren real." It was silent on the side. " Dad? Did you hear me?"

" Yes, I did and I'm so sorry mija. I know this isn't right but Will already talked to us about it before he told you guys." It took me a minute to fathom what my father had just said.

" And you agreed ?" I scoffed.

" I.. We didn't have a choice Lauren. You are all 18 or older.. The choice is ultimately up to you girls. He just told us so we would have all the facts and would play along I guess." So all of this is really happening. Camila and I are really going to have to fake date just to save our band.

" I.. Uhh.. Gotta go papi." In reality I didn't. I just didn't want to talk anymore. All of this was too much and I needed to be alone.

" Lauren.. I love you and only want what's best for you." I could almost hear the hurt in his voice. I couldn't be mad at him. He was right. There is nothing he can do. It's all on us.

" I know. I love you too. I'll call you later. Bye." And with that I tossed my phone behind me and brought my knees to my chest. How the hell did we get here. How did we go from sold out shows and millions of fans to having to pull a desperate publicity stunt like this? More sobs left my mouth. I couldn't tell you how long I sat in that stairwell. Maybe 30 minutes passed when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I instantly jumped. Camila.

"I didn't mean to scare you." She said sitting next to me on the step.

" it's fine" I mumbled resuming my position. Neither of us said anything for a while until Camila took a deep breath and addressed me.

" This is all fucked up huh?" She laughed.

Lifting my head I couldn't help but laugh also. " really fucked up" Camila brought her hand up and wiped a tear off my check. Then she brought her knees to her chest mimicking my position.

" What are we going to do, Laur." I didn't know what to say. I just stared forward at the white wall. Camila did the same.

" I don't know." We sat there in silence both just staring at the wall. I knew Camila's thoughts were going 100 miles per hour just like mine. " I guess all we can do is be the cutest damn couple in Hollywood." I laughed realizing how strange this really would be.