Chapter 24

[A/N:] Heeeyyyy peeps!

SO SO SORRY for my exceptional lateness :\

I was going through a lot of family/personal issues and I've been working a lot, which set me back WAY more than intended! I really hope you guys can forgive me and not want to throw rocks at me for my lateness lol. Just a fyi that this is the last chapter before the epilogue! :) Happy reading!

Asia's POV

I feel completely numb. I want to feel, but I can't. I feel like I am in floating. I can't feel my arms or legs. I can't feel my fingers or toes moving and I can't think straight. There's like a haze over me and I can't escape it. I know I can't be dead. If I were, I wouldn't be able to hear my surroundings.

I hear familiar voices. And they seemed to be getting louder and louder. I wasn't oblivious to the world around me, but everything just felt fuzzy. My judgement was clouded and for all I knew, everything I was hearing could be a lie. I was drugged again, and nothing is clear when my body is being affected by those drugs. But I swore I could hear my family. Just how I swore I saw my friends coming to save me. And swore that I shot Matt before everything went black.

Was any of that real? I can't seem to think straight. I can't seem to distinguish my dreams from my reality. And it's making my head spin even faster. What happened and why can't I open my eyes? Why can't I feel? Why can't I do anything but hear? I can hear everything, but can I trust it? How do I know it's not all a lie?

"When do you think she'll wake up?" A familiar voice asks.

"I don't know, but the doctor says she needs her rest so we will just have to wait." Another familiar voice answers.

"I can't believe the doctors said she almost died from an overdose of drugs."

I almost died from overdose? No wonder why I can't feel anything...

"I'm just happy that we found her and that she's alive," It sounded like my mother's voice.

I wanted to wake up so bad. I wanted her to tell me that was going to be okay.  I felt a numb and warm sensation moving across my cheek in a repeated motion. Was someone touching me? My body was tingling with numbness so I honestly had no idea. I tried to relax. My body needed the rest. And was I really ready to face my reality? What if it's all just a hallucination? What if all of this is a dream? I don't think I'm ready for that kind of pain right now.

But what if it wasn't a hallucination and it was real? Was it a risk I was willing to take?

Yes, yes it was.

I fought against my body as I listened to the familiar voices around me. They were chatting, reminiscing about me. I struggled for what seemed like forever. I fought against my body, trying to open my eyes. But all it was doing was tiring me out. And when I decided to take a rest, I heard a nurse enter the room. She was coming to check my vitals. I was going my touch back and things didn't seem so numb anymore.

Everything seemed fine until I felt that familiar sensation. My eyes flew open and my body was lurching forward. I gasped loudly and almost yelled of terror. I tried to push the away stranger who was trying to stick a needle in my arm. She tried to grab me, but I pushed her away and screamed for her to get away.

I heard my name being yelled all around the room. Why was I being pegged the bad guy? Was she trying to drug me like Matt and Mandy have been doing? What was she doing to me? I never want to see another needle again. I never want one inside of me and I never want to feel one.  I don't think I'll ever trust anyone with a syringe again. My mind has been corrupted and I don't know how to fix it.