Chapter 15

"Asia, can we talk?"

I look into those familiar grey eyes and I instantly feel sucked into a world that I tried so hard to stray away from for the past few days.

I don't make eye contact with him and I make sure there is enough space between us. I can't look at him. No matter how of an urge I have to do it, I can't.

I don't think I am ready for this.

"No." I answer and turn around. I try to hurry up the stairs but he grabs me, causing me to gasp exceptionally loud. I look back at him and stare into his eyes, making me gasp even louder. Hunter did not look okay at all.

Even though it was dark out, the bright light on my porch exposed the both of us well enough. His eyes had bags under them and looked utterly exhausted. His skin was paler than usual along with his plump pink lips. His usual gleaming grey eyes weren't gleaming anymore and lacked depth. His face looked drained of life and I wondered what that was about.

And even though he wasn't at his best, he still looked oh so good to me. Hunter was always be more than beautiful to me, and his looks will always do something to me inside. Seeing him makes being angry so much harder. Because all I want to do is kiss him repeatedly and move past this, but I know that can't happen unless we talk things out. Because nothing will change if I do. And I'm stronger than that.

"Please?" His voice comes out as a whisper, and if it weren't for the pleading look in his eyes, I would've sworn my mind was trippin.

"Hunter, it's cold out and my parents don't want any guests at this time of night." I tell him, looking down at his grip on my jacket. "And besides, I've had a long day."

"I can't let you walk in there." He shakes his head.

"Why not?"

"Because I fear that if you walk in there...the next time you walk out everything about us will really be over. And I can't have that."

His words struck something inside of me. I didn't like the way he sounded. I didn't those words. I didn't like them because I knew that there was nothing but truth behind those words. Going inside meant lying down in my bed and solidifying any of my thoughts that I had in my head. Going in that house meant that everything between Hunter and I would change. And it hurts to think about it in that way. But I will not let him get away with this.

"I really do not get you, Hunter. You're only saying this because of the text I sent you earlier and you know it."

"Please, just let me explain." He begs.

"Hunter, I really don't want to be out in the cold right now. We can talk tomorrow—"

If we talk tomorrow, I'll grow a backbone. If we talk tomorrow, things between us will change...

"So come with me." He interrupts me.

"What? No." I shake my head.

"Asia, please?" He pleads. "Just come with me."

"Come with you where?" I mumble.

"We'll go to the cliff. Just take a drive with me, please."

"Hunter, I'm not sure that's a good idea," I bite my lip. "I don't..." My voice trails off because of the look on his face almost breaks me.

Why is he doing this to me? Why is he suddenly making me feel guilty for not wanting to talk to him? None of this was my fault and I do not think I am in the wrong for what happened. Hunter is only here because I broke up with him and now is probably going to say whatever he can to get me to apologize.