13 | WHO'S THE REAL MONSTER?

"Get in," Garrett ordered me and Scott, jerking his head down at the car

As Garrett got in, Scott pulled me close, and whispered, "If a fight breaks out, run. It doesn't matter if Liam dies, it doesn't matter if I die. Just run. Okay?"

I didn't reply, because Garrett yelled at us, "Get in the car!"

Scott growled at Garrett, but got into the passenger seat. I climbed into the back, and Garrett revved the engine, then slowly backed up the car so we were behind the vehicle Violet was going into.

A couple minutes after we got in the car, a handful of police officers emerged the the doors of the police station, accompanying Violet. They brought her to the car, forced her in, and shut the back door. Then, the engine took off, and Garrett started following them, as well.

The hours slowly ticked by. When we left from Beacon Hills police station, it was early afternoon. By the time it was time for us to get in front of Violet's transportation car, it was completely dark. Garrett took a detour on the side of the road and sped up for a little while, until turning back into the main road, and we parked. According to Garrett, soon, Violet would arrive.

For a while, there was just tense silence.

"This isn't going to work." Scott said, breaking the silence.

"All you have to do is stop the car," Garrett said, sounding annoyed. "I'll take care of the rest."

After what seemed like I'd be doomed to forever wait in a car with an murderer and a pissed off werewolf, I finally heard Violet's car coming.

Garrett turned to me and tossed me a shotgun. I caught it midair, in surprise. "Make yourself useful," he said, smirking at me. "If everything goes according to plan, we won't need you. But in case something goes wrong, you'll shoot."

"Wait - shoot?" I gasped. "I don't think I can-"

"Yeah, I know." Garrett cut me off. "Like I said, you probably won't have to. But if I tell you to shoot - if you ever want to see Liam again - you better shoot like hell. You got me?"

I nodded shakily.

"Good." Garrett smirked.

The car we were following finally passed us, so Garrett started up the engine and trailed a ways behind it. "There's a stop sign half a mile ahead," Garrett told Scott.

"So I take out the tires with my claws?" Scott asked.

Garrett rolled his eyes. "Teeth, claws, heat vision, whatever." He snapped. "Just stop them. You ready?"

Suddenly, Scott sat bolt upright, staring out the windshield. I craned my neck to see what Scott was staring at, and I gasped - the car with Violet was turned over on the side of the road, with two bodies on the ground.