6 | WEREWOLVES CAN'T MAKE PLANS (THE THRILLING SEQUEL)

Apparently, the reason I couldn't find Stiles at the hospital was because he thought that I was with Nurse McCall, so he drove home from the hospital

Apparently, the reason I couldn't find Stiles at the hospital was because he thought that I was with Nurse McCall, so he drove home from the hospital. Then, Scott called him because of his Liam dilemma.

So, after Liam was gone, Stiles and I left Scott's house and drove home. The ride was silent, and as we got into the house, Stiles tried to talk to me, but I ignored him and went straight up to bed.

Around one in the morning, I heard dad come home. After he came into my room and kissed me on the forehead, I felt myself drift off to sleep.

~*~

The next morning, I woke up late. Very late. As soon as I checked the clock, I sprung out of bed, brushed my teeth (in the shower), dried off, and threw on some clothes. I finger-combed through my hair, blow-dried it, and pulled it up in a quick ponytail. I stumbled down the stairs, grabbed a granola bar, took a swig of orange juice, grabbed my backpack and my phone, and dashed out the door, where Stiles was waiting impatiently in his Jeep.

Again, we didn't talk the entire ride. When I got out, Stiles didn't even say bye.

As I was walking out of the parking lot, I bumped into a familiar face. "Oh, um, hey Mason. Sorry I didn't see you, I was just– um, I'm distracted."

Mason laughed. "It's cool. Are you okay?"

I nodded. "Have you talked to Liam at all since last night?"

"No, but we should probably resume this discussion when we're not in the middle of the parking lot." Mason laughed, pointing at something behind me.

I turned, and realized that an entire line of cars was parked behind us, honking.

I nodded at Mason. "That's probably a good idea." So, we both dashed out of the parking lot until we were safely standing on the sidewalk in front of the school.

"So," said Mason, out of breath. "Why were you asking about Liam?"

I shrugged, trying to make it seem like it was nothing. "It's no big deal. Just something happened last night, and I wanted to make sure he was alright."

Mason nodded. "I'll let you know if I see him– uh, Emma?"

Again, he was looking at something behind me. I turned, and I was both relieved and shocked to see that Liam was out of breath, sprinting towards us. His ankle looked better (obviously), though he had a bandage where Scott had bitten him last night.

"Liam?" I called out.

My friend jogged to a stop in front of me, panting heavily. He leaned on a light post, trying to catch his breath.

"Dude, why weren't you on the bus?" Mason asked.

"I – I ran." Liam panted.

I examined his red, sweating face. "I can see that."