Chapter 17

A/N Hey guys! I don't know if y'all care but I thought I should let you know that there are only a few more chapters left before the story ends. I will be working on another story once I am finished with this one so stay tuned. Also, it would be great if you guys would go check out "Phantom Gunner" by the amazing author Zer0Requiem. Thank you loves, enjoy!

Ryan's PV

I really don't want Ashley to leave especially out of the country but she's in danger and I would rather not see her for a few years than never again. I can't believe Luke won't let me know where she will be going. I drive straight to Ashley's house and knock on the door impatiently until her parents open the door.

"Ryan, what in the world? What are doing here?" Asked Anna, Ashley's mother.

"We need to get Ashley out of the US." I said. Looking at their puzzled faces I realized I should probably give them more information.

"Mr. Miller, your son's employer, is the reason your son is dead. I went to their house yesterday and Ashley completely lost it and accused him of killing Jack. She was right to. Luke informed me that his father told him to get rid of Ashley. She needs to get out of here before he gets to her." I said and watched Anna's expression go blank while Sean on the other hand turned completely blank.

"That son of a bitch." Was all Sean said.

"Sir?" I said questioning his reaction.

"Anna, call Ashley and tell her to come home right now. She's leaving tonight." He said to his wife and then turned to me, "Did Luke say anything else?"

"No sir, he just gave me this envelope and this burner phone. He said that no one should know where she is going. Not even you. Also, no cards. Cash only and a secret identity." I said and showed him the envelope and burner phone.

"No problem, I knew this day was coming." He said and pulled out a passport with Ashley's picture but her name was no longer Ashley Evans. It was Ellie Grey.

"You knew Mr. Miller was behind Jack's death? Why didn't you..." I stopped when I heard the front door slam.

"What the hell is going on?" She asked and looked me in the eyes as if I did something wrong.

"Honey, please sit down." Said Anna, "We need to tell you something, you're..." Her voice cracked as her eyes filled with tears.

"Mom?" She said.

"Sweety, you need to leave the country. You're in danger. Go pack whatever you think is necessary, the car will be waiting for you outside." Said Sean when he realized his wife couldn't.

"Where are we going?" She asked completely oblivious.

"We aren't going anywhere, just you."

"W-what?" She asked looking from her father t me then back to her father.

"Mr. Miller is going to hurt you. Please don't make this harder than it already is. Go pack your bags. Here, you'll need this." He said and handed Ashley a shit load of cash.

"And this. " I handed her the envelope and burner cell phone.

"Ryan.." She started to speak but I cut her off.

"I'll help you." I said and walked up to her bedroom with her.

"Ryan, what is going on?" She asked me as she looked up at me.

"Shh." I said and gently kissed her lips. "Everything will be okay."

She realized that arguing was pointless. "Can you put Louise in her cage?" I didn't say anything I just nodded. I looked at her intently, memorizing her every move. Then something caught my attention. She put a few shirts, two pairs of skinny jeans, undergarments, and shorts in her bag and right before she closed the bag she ran to the bathroom and grabbed the perfume I got her for out anniversary. Just when I thought she was done she walked over to the jewelry box and took out the butterfly necklace I got her the day we went to the beach. She saw me looked at her and smiling like an idiot.

"I'll feel closer to home this way." She said.

"Oh." I said a little disappointed.

"You know, when I was six years old I would always tell my dad that I wanted to go home, the only thing was I was already home. Now, I understand that a home doesn't have to be a roof with walls. A home can be a beating heart and a pair of arms. You are my home." She continued. "I don't have to leave, I can stay or you can come with me."

"I can't." I said. I wanted to kiss her right there and then. Not gently but hard. I wanted to kiss her so hard that she would still feel the linger of my lips from hundreds of miles away.

"Why not?" She asked.

"I don't, I don't love you. I never loved you." I said. This was the hardest thing I have ever done.
The biggest lie I have ever told. I love her more than anything but if I go with her they will track us down and if I don't go she won't go. I love her too much to let her die.

She didn't say anything, she grabbed her bags and before I knew it, she was gone.