Chapter 10

Ashley's PV

It's Monday morning and I'm trying to come up with any excuse to not go to school. How am going to tell Ryan that Luke kissed me, that I kissed him back? Most important how will Ryan react? Will he forgive me? Will he hurt Luke? Did I really not tell him I love him too last night? Ugh, what the fuck is wrong with me.

"Honey, you're going to be late!" My mom shouted from her bedroom.

"Mom, I'm not feeling well, can I stay home today? I asked.

"Is everything okay? What hurts?" She asked as she walked into my room and put her hand on my forehead to feel if I have a fever.

"I have a headache." I say knowing that she won't fall for the fever act.

"You should go to school, drink some Tylenol, I don't want you to miss any classwork." She said handing me two Tylenol capsules and a glass of water from my dresser and then walked out of the room.

"Ughhh." I mumbled. I guess I have to tell him, there is no escape.

I got out of bed and wore black leggings and a plain white t-shirt with sandals. I didn't even bother to apply makeup. I don't feel like trying today. There is no point. Ryan is going to get pissed off and attempt homicide. Should I warn Luke? Why would I warn Luke. He brought this upon himself. I go to the bathroom to brush my teeth but once I turn the water faucet on I get this nauseating feeling in the pit of my stomach. I tried to breathe in and out to stop the feeling but it didn't help. I found myself on the floor hugging the toilet and vomiting. What the fuck? Why am I throwing up? I finally got up once I thought I was done throwing up and rinsed my mouth to get the horrible taste out of my mouth. After a few minutes I decided I was in the clear to brush my teeth. I brushed my teeth, bragged my bag, and headed downstairs. Just as I was about to grab my keys and walk out to my car, I heard a knock on the door. I opened the door to Ryan with worried expression plastered on his face.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"You said you had to tell me something today. I couldn't take it anymore, I didn't sleep all night.

"Oh, yeah, that." I said. Crap!

"Well? Are you going to tell me?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'll tell you at school when I meet you there." I said hoping that I would have some time in the car to think about how I'm going to tell him.

"Why not just tell me in the car on our way to school." He said.

Oh my god! What am I going to do?

"Okay, lets go." I said feeling nauseous yet again.

We drove in silence most of the way until he decided to ask about it again.

"So, what were you going to tell me?" He asked anxiety clear in his voice.

"Promise you won't get mad at me or hurt anyone." I said.

"It was Luke wasn't it? I'm going to kill him." He said his knuckles turning white from gripping the steering wheel too tightly.

"Babe. Promise." I said.

"Fine. I promise not to get mad at you." He said.

"And..." I said waiting for him to promise not to hurt anyone.

"I promise I will try not to kill Luke." Ryan said.

"Ryan." I said.

"Just tell me." He said. "I'm not going to make any promises I can't keep."