Chapter 13

Ashley's PV

 "Jesus Christ! What are you doing here?" I asked Luke surprised not remembering how I even got in the plane. 

"I'm coming to Florida with you... remember..." 

"I know that smart ass, I mean why are you sitting next to me?" 

"Is it a crime? Look I'm sorry, I know things are different between us, but.."  I cut him off. 

"Nothing is different between us, you're still my friend. Just my friend." 

"Nothing more. I know. You love Ryan. Got it." 

"What is that supposed to mean?" 

"Nothing." 

"Okay, fine." I said as I heard the flight attendant speaking from the front of the plane, informing the passengers that we will shortly be landing. 

We reached the hotel and decided to check in. We were informed that there was a problem with one of the adjoining rooms so Luke and I would be sharing a room. I was going to plead my parents to let me stay in their room, I even asked the kind woman behind the table to give us another room but my parents rejected and the hotel ran out out rooms. God I have to share a room with Luke. What? How can my parents be okay with this? I guess they just don't care. I took as long as humanly possible to go to my room. I had to sit on a five hour flight with him and now I have to stay in the same room as for two weeks. I swear if he pulls any of that kissing shit on me one more time, I just might break his nose. I took my phone out of my jeans pocket and texted Kate. "Hey, I'm here at the hotel. Wait till you hear this. Luke and I have to share a room." I hadn't expected her to reply, provided the time difference, but she did. The text read. "Glad you arrived safely! What? No way! Why?" I decided to keep it short and spare her all the details and told her about the problem with one of our rooms. "Please don't tell Ryan he'll freak out." I pleaded. She told me she won't tell him only because knowing Ryan, he would take the first flight to Florida and kick Luke's ass. I quickly put my things in the few drawers leaving the rest of the space for Luke and his belongings. I went to go to my bed and that's when I realized there was only one bed. I picked up my phone. "Kate! There is only one bed! I am in no way sharing a bed with him." With my luck, it was not Kate who received that text, on the contrary, it was Ryan. My dumb ass self sent it to Ryan which followed with a million questions. I ended up making up a story about the hotel mixing up the rooms and that I was going to have to stay in the same room as my dad but we cleared it up. It seemed to work because he stopped asking me questions and told me to have fun. Dad forced me to go to a business dinner with him just as I had suspected. He enjoyed taking me to these things. He said it was the only time he had me all to himself. There was no Ryan, no mom, no friends, just him and daddy's  little princess. In a way, he was right. I was so busy with homework, my friends, Ryan, and Luke that I completely neglected my dad. Tonight was drama free, care free. All I had to was smile and stand along dad's side. Dad is the CEO of a huge company but he was always there for Mom and me. He didn't like to bring work home but he never spent long nights at the office. Before we knew it, it was three in the morning and we were exhausted. We decided to go back to the hotel and get some sleep before we take on the busy day ahead of us. We stepped out of the elevator, Dad went to right and I went left.  As soon as I walked into the room, I saw there was a second mattress but no sign of Luke. I decided it was safe to take off my dress so I reached for the zipper in the back. Ugh. I can't reach. 

"Need help with that?" I heard Luke whisper into my ear with his sleepy raspy voice. 

"Um, yeah, sure." I said and felt his cold hands on my bare back as the zipper ran lower and lower on my back.