Chapter 1

Hey my name is Sammy but my friends call me Sam. I'm 5'7", brunette, Bosnian,17 year old girl. I play soccer, and I love to cook and listen to music. I have a brother, mom and dad, and a pet cat named Lola. When I was 15 my dad left the family. And for the past 3 years I've never heard from him. My mom is always working and as for my brother, he's in collage. Though he goes to collage in Bosnia.

I recently moved to England because my mom had a job transfer. I was against the idea but my mom said two things that made me go, 1)she will get a raise and it will be better for everyone 2)I have no say in the decision. That's why I'm here on the flight to England.

Even though I was against the idea of leaving my home, this might be good too. I will have a clean start, no one will know about my past, and I'm going to make sure no one finds out. I've had a hard time growing up, my family was always fighting, so that lead to self harm. Even though I did cut when I was 14 I stopped right after my father left. Now I only have white lines on my wrists.

Well enough about my past, lets move on to the present day, aka the first day of my new school.

----------------------------------

"Mama I'm leaving!!" I yell into the kitchen as I rush out of the door. I didn't wait for a response I just left. I wasn't ready for this, I mean a new school. What did I get myself into?

I was walking to school because I didn't live that far away. After walking for about 15minutes I arrived at the school gates. I didn't know what was waiting for me I side The doors of the school, but just in case I pulled out my phone and headphones, I put on the headphones and started blasting my favorite song "how to be a heart breaker"

I quickly looked down to check my outfit, I was wearing a cute pink floral strapless summer dress, with a white cardigan and a pain of white flats, I must admit I thought I looked descent for once. I walked through the doors and I noticed the office so I walked over.

"Hello my name is Sammy Zulcic, I'm a new student" I smiled at the office

Lady.

"Oh yes, today's your first day right?" She asked and I nodded "ok well here is your schedule, your fist class is English" she finished and handed me the paper. "Room 213" she said as she typed away on her keyboard.

I swiftly turned on my heels and walked away. I looked at the bottom of my schedule and it says my locker is number 456. I walked down the hallways looking at the other locker numbers, 454, 455, 456! I twisted the lock, and put in my locker combo then I heard a click and I opened my locker. I threw in my stuff in my locker and pulled out my English book then just as I close my locker the bell rang.

"Shit" I cussed under my breath. Every one fled the hallways until I was left alone. I wandered the halls looking for room 213. I finally found it. I took a deep breath and walk in.

The teacher was in the middle of the 'summer is over, it's time to get to work' lecture as I walked in, and he stopped mid sentence and glanced in my direction.

"You interrupted my lecture so this better be good" he stated at he leaned against his desk. All the kids looked over at me. I started getting nervous.

"I'm sorry, but I'm a new student and English is my first class" I tried to say as politely as possible, first impressions matter.

"OH! GOODY A NEW STUDENT!" He yelled and threw his hand in the air, I couldn't tell if he was truly happy of it he was talking in sarcasm. I was quickly snapped out of my thought as he spoke again

"My name is Mr.Goodrich, and what's your name?" He asked placing his hand on my shoulder and turning me to face the class. "Um, my name is Sammy Zulcic, but my friends call my Sam" I said he gave me a puzzled look

"Ok Sam, why don't you sit next to Zayn over there in the second to last row." He said pointing to a boy with black hair styled in a quiff. He had a obey. Sweat shirt on and black skinny jeans. He was pretty hot.

I quickly walked down the aisle eating a few winks from guys and a few glares for girls. I sat down next to zayn and he smiled at my.

"Hey my names Zayn Malik" he putout his hand for my to shake. "I'm Sam Zulcic" I shook his hand. The he leaned back in his chair and continued to look up at Mr.Goodrich. I did the same.

Class was almost over but I saw zayn shift in the corner of my eye, he leaned close to me and tapped my shoulder. I turned around.

"Let me see your schedule, maybe we have another class together." I shook my head and pulled out my schedule and handed it to him. He scanned the schedule. He looked up and whispered

"We have 3 rd period art class together and lunch, if you want, one of my mates has math next I could ask him to walk you to your next class?" He asked. "That would be great thanks." I replied. "No problem, oh and you could eat lunch with Me so you don't eat lunch by yourself on your first day" he continued to whisper I nodded and mouthed thanks to him, zayn winked and I could feel a blush creeping up on to my cheeks

Zayn chuckled as I hid my face, he quickly pulled out his phone and typed away. The rest of class I could feel glares and stares burn into my skin from other girls.whats there problem?

Just as my thought finished the bell rung and I was gathering my seat about to leave when zayn grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him lightly.

"Hey what's you number?" He asked smiling, the sight of his smile made me smile. I giggled and handed him my phone so he could put his number in. He handed it back and I quickly type a message and hit send. A few seconds after his phone vibrated. He pulled it out and saved my contact.

"They ya go" I spoke cheerfully. "Thanks, I'll text you during class. See you at art" he winked then walked back. My eyes followed him while he left the class.but he stopped abruptly and started talking to a hot blond guy that was standing at the door way. He looked over at me and pointed then walked out.

The blond boy made his way over as I was gathering my stuff.

"Hey my names Niall Horran, I'm friends with Zayn and I will be your escort" he chuckled. "Hi, I'm Sammy Zulcic, but you could call me Sam." I giggle we walked out of class and made small talk we stopped at his locker then at mine.

We walked into math class and he walked over To his desk,that was crowded by a bunch of girls wearing crop tops so short you could see there bras. as I made my way to the teachers desk. I introduced myself and I sat down alone at a two seater desk. For ever alone. The whole class wheat by fast I couldn't wait to go to art with zayn.

Finally the bell rung and I felt my phone vibrate. I quickly pulled it out and it read.

From zayn:

Hey im waiting for you outside the math class room, hurry up love.

Damn did he just call me love? Wow. This isn't such a bad day. I walked out side and I see him leaning against the locker with Niall, with the same group of girls that were crowding Niall's desk earlier. 'I shouldn't bother him....' I thought and I walked past. Not sure if he saw me or not. Luckily my locker was a few feet away from the English class, so I shoved my stuff into the locker. Then I heard a know on my open locker door. I closed it a bit to see the face. And BAM! zayn is there, leaning against the locker smirking at me.

"Hey love why didn't you tell me you were out of class yet?" He asked. I glanced over at the girls that were sending daggers my way. Then I closed my locker fully and turned to face zayn. "Oh I didn't want to bother your conversation with them" and I nodded my head towards the group of skanky girls.