Chapter 2 Tuesday

"I need her to notice me. She needs to see me and approach me first, maybe then I can talk?" I told myself and rubbed my neck worriedly.

I sat at a bus stop waiting for the school bus. I had walked over to the bus stop Amy usually waited at. My hands were shaking as I heard footsteps. "Oh God, oh God, oh God..." I shut my eyes as tightly as I could as I felt weight shift from the bench I sat on.

"Amy's here. She's sitting here. Next to me!" Inside I was screaming. Outside, I think I allowed one tear to escape my eyes.

"Oh, hey...sorry, you don't mind if I sit here, right?" Amy asked me. I shook my head. "N-No..." I managed to say. "Does she even remember me? It was just two days ago..."

"Ok...just ask her." I took a deep breath and turned to look at her. My entire face life up when she turned to me because of my quick movement. "D-Do you remember me?" I asked her. She studied my face before gasping.

"You're the boy I talked to a few days ago. I was looking for you at school!" My heart skipped a beat. "She was looking for me?"

"How've you been?" She asked me. "What do I say? Uhm... Good? Do I say that?"

"Good" I said as my voice cracked. I blushed more and covered my mouth as she giggled. "Hey, it's okay, your names Sonic, right?" She asked me.

"Yeah... Wait, I said that in my head." I coughed and nodded. She smiled warmly sending shivers down my spine. "How's the three jobs working out?" She asked me. "Pretty good" I answered. "Darn it, try to actually say a sentence!" I yelled at myself.

"You should sit with my friends and I. We try to keep away from all the gossipers and jockeys." Amy smiled. "I'm in her group! Yes! Yes! Yes!" My heart was so happy I wanted to kill the next thing I saw to release this excitement.

"Oh crap." My ears perked up when I heard Amy's upset voice. "What's made her upset? Oh God, was it me? I'll kill anyone who makes her upset. I-"

"I can't ride the bus. One of my friends is running late, I have to pick her up. I'll see you later." Amy then got up and rummaged through her bag for her keys. "I have an idea..." I smirked and stood up too. I pretended to stretch and as I let my arm come down her bag fell out of her hands.

"O-oh no! I'm so sorry! Let me help!" I kneeled down and found her keys underneath the bench. I grabbed them and put them in my pocket. I made sure everything else went in the bag.

I handed her the bag back and grinned at her. "So sorry, by the way." Amy quickly grabbed her bag with a smile. "It's ok, as long as I have my keys. I hope I didn't forget them at my apartment."

"Nope." I thought and grinned. "Where are they? If I don't find my keys..." Amy began to shake her head with frustration. She pulled out her phone and called her friend.

"I can't find my keys, Cream. How far away are you? I can walk with you so you won't be late alone."

"Crap. Don't do that! I can't be alone with you if you're not alone with me!" I yelled in my head, but Amy was already walking away. I twiddled my thumbs just as the bus rolled up. I sighed as I took a step into the bus.

"I was so close..."

"Hey! You! Where's Amy?!" I looked up when I heard Amy's name. A female bat walked up to me and put her finger on my chest. "Well?" She growled. "Oh please, Rouge, calm down." A purple cat said and grabbed Rouge's arm.

"Sorry, I'm Blaze and this is Rouge. Do happen to know where our friend, Amy Rose is?"

"Uh...why should I tell you? As far as I know you could be the bullies she talks about." I growled. "So you do know her?" I blushed and nodded, knowing I had been caught. "She went to be late with Cream." I answered. Rouge and Blaze gave each other doubtful looks before turning away from me.