Chapter 15

"I couldn't explain this face to face with you, so, I decided I'm going to say this over a recording. Every time I look at you, even just a glance, or if I hear your voice-I just feel like I'm going to break down and... I can't stop thinking about you, Sky. You mean the world to me. You mean everything to me. And I know-you don't feel the same way, but, I love you. I've loved you ever since I've known what that word meant. And since everyone is going off to college and moving away, I realized we only have a summer left. One summer left. Only one to hang out and act like you've never even heard this. We'll go back to friends, I know. But you, Skylar Flores, I love you and nothing will change that." Then the recording stopped. I was stunned by his words. And I had no clue to what I would say.
Taylor still felt this way?

"So Taylor still has feelings, huh?" Jezell sat next to me. "Yeah, I guess-wait, you knew?" I look up at her.

"Um, wait, you're surprised?" She puts down her Starbucks coffee.

"He's one of my best friends! Of course I'm surprised!" I cross my arms.

"Oops." Jezell smirks.

"Whatever-"

I hear a knock at the door as I get up softly sighing. I open it to see Ashton looking at me,

"Hey sky."

"Oh, uh, hi Ashton..." I blush.

"Um I came here to give you back the key I borrowed," Ashton softly blushed.

"It's fine." I look down.

"What? I don't really need it." Ashton tries handing it to me.

I look back up then he hands it to me, "Um okay, well, bye." I turn away.

"Wait!" Ashton tries turning me around.

"Hm?" I turn back.

"O-one more thing." His face turns pink.

"Yeah?" I look up at him.

He leans in as I don't back away, but just as he shuts his eyes I back away, "I'm sorry, but I-"

Ashton opens his eyes, "Oh um, yeah, I totally forgot we weren't-dating..." He walks out shutting the door.

"What was that?" Jezell looks at me weird.

Still a little shocked, I stood there, "I-I don't know."

Only a couple hours later, I find myself at Taylor's doorstep.
Just before I knock the doorknob twists and Taylor is walking out of the door. I blush, a little embarrassed.

"Um, hi." I look back at him.

"Ah, hey. I'm kind of in a rush-"

"I listened to that tape and-"

"Skylar, that was a misunderstanding. That was a couple of years ago and I... I don't know-see you at school tomorrow?" He doesn't look back and he runs to his motorcycle. He hops on it and rides away. I follow, wondering why he was acting like that.

I watch behind a bush as he walks up a doorstep, and as the door opens, I see Ashton. Mel stands behind him.
Then Thomas comes out from behind with Kendal, as does Jezell. Julian has his arm wrapped around her, "I'm afraid Skylar isn't here, so let's get this started." Julian announced as Taylor walks in and shuts the door. What was going on?

[Ashton' P.O.V]

"I-I can't," I back away from Mel. "I just need some fresh air." I walk outside in the front. Then as I look near the bushes, I see someone familiar.

Skylar.

But why is she here?

"Skylar!" I yell-whisper.

I walk over to her, "I-"

"What the hell is going on?" She looks at me as I hide behind with her.

"Uh, I can't tell you." I look away.

"Ashton, please..."

"I can't do that, Sky." I look back to her.

"W-"
I could tell she was going to freak out, so I had no choice... I kissed her.

I back away, "Uh, I'm sorry I-"

Skylar backs away, "I can't do this." She runs away.

Only a couple minutes later, I find myself running to her house. I run as fast as I can, not even thinking about a car or anything. Since it's raining, I'm soaking wet, but I could really care less. I love Skylar, and I just don't want this relationship to end.

I reach her door as I knock on it. No one answers. I check my pocket for a key. Dammit. I gave it back.

I climb up to her balcony, hopping over to the other side. Just as I reach her glass bedroom door, I hear a scream. I run inside. I yell her name, searching the house with a knife in my hand. I then find her in the bathroom, with a gun pointed at her head.

"A-Ashton, please hel-"

"Aye, don't talk, girly... I will do the talking. You ain't runnin' shit." The man in the mask looks down at her.

"Please, just, put the gun down." I say.

The man begins to laugh, "You think ima listen to you because?" He smiles through the mouth hole.

"Don't do this... At least-"

"Do you fuckin' know why I'm here? Any of y'all?" The masked man asks.

"No sir." Skylar attempts to say just as he pushes her against the wall.

"Skylar run!" I yell as I get my phone out and type in the digits '911' on my phone. Skylar runs as we hear a bullet being shot.

"You can't run away from me!" The man yells as skylar and I run downstairs. I don't look back just as I hear a thump. Skylar fell. I help her up, as she limps down the stairs. Picking her up, I try opening the front door.

I quickly unlock the door as I hear footsteps behind us. Next thing I know, it's pitch black.

[Skylar' P.O.V]

I wake up to see police surrounding the whole area around me. I get up. "Ashton?" Looking around, there was no sign of him. Then I feel arms wrap around me. "I'm so glad you're okay," Ashton picks me up, and looks into my eyes, "I love you Skylar, and I can't stop thinking-"

"About you cheating on me, right?" I back away, trying to walk away as well. But, he stops me, "I just..." He stops himself from saying more. Ashton pulled me closer, "I want you to be happy, and I understand that you hate me and you think that I think this is a joke. I know you fell out of love with me. I know you-"

"Ashton, I never said I hated you. I never said I fell out of love with you. I'm just done with this silly relationship, and I'm done with us. Or whatever we were, so yeah... If we were to go back to friends, things would change. We would both look at each other differently. We would not have the same feelings towards each other. I've given you so many chances, Ashton. And I know, mistakes are how we learn, but you've just gone too far." I turn around, surprised I even had the courage to say all of this.

um hey guys! i haven't really been that busy lately, so i decided to post a little chapter. I was going to stop writing bc something happened and i was just a little stressed out, mad & sad bc i could've done something to stop what happened but i guess i was just too late.

Well, my dog died. It may sound weird that I'm taking this so seriously but he's been with me for a long time. Unlike most dogs, he would always smile & whenever someone would pick him up, he would hug you.

On July 20th, about 2 in the morning, we found him on the street dead.