Chapter 10 - I love you

(Cover: Mason)
I couldn't stop staring.

"Ashton? W-why are you here?" I had many questions, but I didn't know what to ask.
"I just-I just. . ." Ashton still held on to the doorknob. "You love me, still?" Was all Ash says. Lee was right, you don't have to hesitate to say you love someone if you really do. I hung up on Lee. Ashton's eyes were just questioning.
"Yes, Ashton. . . I still love you. You think I just-fell out of love? You think things can just go back to normal after this? I just knew someone was going to get hurt in this relationship. So I-"

Ashton stopped me by placing a hand on my arm. He never did this. And it was. . . Awkward.

"Why do you keep avoiding me, Skylar?" Ashton blinked. He stood, staring down at me. "I just miss the way you used to look at me, but now you don't even look at me or acknowledge my existence." Ashton says as I stare up at him. His voice was trembling.

"And the stupid thing is I actually thought we had a chance together." I say, and I could feel my face heat up as I do. "Oh, but we do, Skylar! We do! I want you and only you, don't you get it? I don't care about anyone else but you!" Ashton's face was turning red, his eyes were locked with mine.
"No one will be able to love you as much as I do." Tears began to form in his eyes. The last time he cried-Ashton hasn't cried since he was very. . very young.

"I just missed the way we used to be." I could feel tears slowly rolling down my cheeks. "We can't keep going on and off like this-"
"We've never once dated." He quickly muttered.
"A-and, we never will, Ashton." I hated admitting words like these. I love Ashton, I really do. But I just can't be with him.
Ashton said nothing, just standing there, tears rolling down his cheeks slowly. He opened his mouth, but then quickly shut it.

"Am I really that easy to forget and replace?" Ashton's words were trembling even more. "You knew I loved you but you left anyway. It's just-the thing that hurts the most is I won't be able to find another you, and you're all I want. And I know for sure, I'll never stop loving you, Skylar Flores." Ashton stepped closer, just staring at me. His eyes were filled with sadness. His look was confused, and I was just lost in his blue eyes.

Now I knew I had to admit it, I knew I had to admit everything. Everything. In a small, small "story."

"I thought I forgot what happiness was until I met him, I didn't even need to see him, I didn't need to feel him, I just needed him. He made me smile, he made me laugh, his voice made me happy, his laugh brought me joy, and just his existence means so much. I don't know where I would be without him, but I know where I am right now, happy, positive, and much more, I never loved a person as much as I love him. I never told a person so much about me, but it felt normal, and he made me feel safe, I forgot what it was like to feel somewhat pretty, and beautiful. But now because of him I do, now because of him I still want to fight, and stay."

"And who is this you speak of?" Ashton looked at me, his eyes questioning. He knew the answer. He already did. "You, Ashton Waters. You're the one that really makes me feel like I don't have to be fake. But now-"
Ashton pressed his lips against mine before I could say more.
He broke the kiss by backing away slowly, "Will you, Skylar Flores be my girlfriend?" A smile peered on his lips.

I told him I would think about it. I didn't want to be in that type of situation at the moment. I had to think. But I couldn't. It was hard to think about him.

"What're you doing here, Lee?" I was looking up at him, not wanting to look into his eyes. "I came here to only see you, love." Lee looks intensely into my eyes. "I hate it when you can talk to me one day like you still love me then ignore me for weeks." Lee says.
"Ignore you?" I raise a brow.
"Yes, ignore me."
"Lee-fuck it-do you know what I've been throu-"
"Skylar, do you know what it's been like to just-you can't stop thinking about someone constantly. Well guess what-"
"I can't be with you, Lee. Don't you understand that?! Hell-Didn't you understand that when we first met? Do you realize-"
"We can be together, Skylar Flores. We can be together. If we stay together now-our future could be heading into something wonderful! Skylar, don't you get it? We could get married. We could have kids. We could explore the world with each other, we could-"
Tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Lee, none of this is going to happen." My sight was starting to get blurry. "Never doubt anything. Never." Lee whispers. "But I-"
I started to feel dizzy, and everything turned black. "Sky? Skylar?! Sky!" I could hear Lee, his soft tone turning into yelling. To crying. Then everything around me stopped. Everything was black.