Chapter 7 - Hidden

(Cover: Taylor)
[Skylars' P.O.V]

I wake up to hear someone crying. I rub my eyes, opening my eyes. Jezell was at the end of my bed, CRYING. But, she never cries. The last time she cried was her last breakup. It took her more than a MONTH to recover. But this. . . This was worse.

"Jezell?" I sit down next to her. She sobs. "What's wrong?" I turn her over. She turns back over. "Shut up, Sky. It's your jackass brother. And Thomas who decided to mess with my feelings." She pulled tighter onto the blanket.
"Thomas was probably just drunk. You know he gets all weird and romantic when he's drunk." I mutter.
"No, sky. He was not drunk. I saw the look in his eyes. But when I stood forward, and went for the kiss. . . It's like he wished he never even said one word. Love-life is shitty!" Jezell practically yells.

"Jezell, stop! Fucking stop! There's a reason why you're here. Isn't there? And everything happens for a reason. Stop doubting yourself!" I stand, trying to flip her over. She looks. . . Horrible. "Oh-Jezell. . . Let's clean you up." I help her up.
"Can we get ice cream?" Jezell pouts. "Yeah, fine." I try not to sound too sarcastic.

"What the hell-Skylar what was that for?" Brent turned to me, scowling.
"You don't recall, hm? YOU DONT RECALL USING MY BEST FRIEND?!" I step forward, scowling back.
His face darkens a red. He's not mad. Just. . . Embarrassed. "W-what?" He rubs the back of his neck.
"What do you mean WHAT?! You had s-"
"I was drunk! I would never do that to Jezell!" Brent yells back. "But apparently you did, Brent." Jezell came from behind. "Jezell, I'm sorry. And in a situation like this, I know just a 'sorry' won't do anything. It doesn't change the fact that we did that. We weren't that capable of doing things-and we didn't know what we were doing while we were drunk. Again, I'm sorry Jezell. Is there anything I could do to make it better?" Brent walks over to Jezell.
And as he said these words, Jezell stepped forward to kiss him. Brent pulled her closer by wrapping his arms around her. Well. . . Then. . . Things started to get intense. I stood there wide eyed, watching the two make out roughly. . . Ok?

"Um, I'm just going to. . . Head upstairs." I leave the two alone. Well. . . God knows what will happen between those two.

I hear a knock at the door, and I open it because I'm close. I feel a warm pair of pair of hands instantly pull me close, picking me up. As I glance up, Lee is smiling down at me. "Hello, love. I got off early today and where did we leave off last night, I suppose we-"
I kiss him softly on his lips as he looks into my eyes and stops talking. "That?" I smirk, then I slightly smile.
I wonder what he'll do. He then pulls me against him, as I feel his cold soft lips on mine.
I shut my eyes, wrapping my arms around his neck. I feel his tongue against my outer lip asking for entry. At this, I blush, pulling away. "Lee!" My blush darkens.
"What?" He raises a brow.
"Hey, um. . . You can come inside." I stare into his dark brown eyes. It's almost as if they're questioning 'what did I do wrong?'

I pull away from him, getting up. "I should probably go check on my brother." I say as he grabs my wrist gently, pulls me downward. He pulls me on his lap.
"Why do you do that?" He says.
"Do what?" I ask.
"You always get so awkward once I try biting your lip or-"
"We should just-probably shouldn't do that." I can feel my face heating up.
"What?" Lee gets up, and as do I.
"Am I doing something wrong?" His eyes are just questioning.
"No. it's not you. . . It's just-"
"You can't control yourself around me?" He smirks.
"What? Yes. No. I mean-no." I sigh. "Can we just not, now-I mean. . . We're not even together, and I just-"
"You didn't really mean those words you said the other day, did you?"
"What words, Lee?" I sigh.
"The word love. Do you even know what love is?"
"In fact, I do." I cross my arms.
"Then don't lie when you say it, babe."

"Where in the hell are they?" I mutter.
"Can you not cuss in every single sentence you say?" Taylor grins. "It is not attractive." He winks.
"I'm already ugly, so shut the fu-"
"Shush. You're actually really beautiful, you're lucky, Sky." Taylor says, and at this, I blush.
"They're probably just having the frickle frackle, you know." Taylor winked. I sigh. "Yeah, I know."

"The closet is the only place we haven't checked, bruh." I glance over at the closet. Taylor looks over, grabbing my hand and pulling me. "It's your house, you check first."

"Oh lord." I mutter. I begin to twist the door knob, opening it. I check the closet. Brent and Jezell were surprisingly only 'making out'. "Uh." I wish I hadn't even looked. Taylor covers my eyes "SHE IS ONLY 18 YEARS OLD!" He backs away, pulling me along.

Jezell comes out with my brothers large shirt on, blushing. "BRENT COME OUT HERE NOW." I hear a familiar voice. It's Ashtons'. "Ashton?" I blush turning around. "Uh, hey Skylar." Ashton says in a weird deep tone. He turns back to the door.
Brent comes out without a shirt on. "What?" Brent rubbed the back of his neck, softly blushing.

"I heard you told HER I was going to take her on a date?!" Ashton stepped forward to Brent as this took him a moment to take this in. He then burst out laughing, and fell to the ground.
Who was Ashton talking about?

"Why the hell did you do that?!" Ashton scowled. Brent smirks, "It's just one little date. Plus, bruh. . . She's hot!" Brent says this while Jezell nudges him. Brent glance over at Jezell, "Just saying." He smirked.
"Uh. . . I'm just going to tell her I'm sick and I have the flu." Ashton sighed. "The flu? If you're coming up with an excuse then at least say you have a girlfriend or just. . . Something-uh, better." Brent says.

"So this?" Ashton held up a polo shirt. He acted like nothing was wrong, except he was being a little weird. I shrug with a little nod, "Sure." I lay back on my bed. Ashton takes off his his shirt and I can't help but look over at his abs. I blush turning my head. He turns around to put on the black tight shirt. I glance back over. "Ashton?" I say slowly, blushing.

"Yeah?" He doesn't even bother to look over at me. "It's just-"
"I know, Skylar. About how I said. . . I loved you. About how you said you didn't want to be friends with me anymore. And I know, you still have feelings for me, sky. You just don't want to. I saw you leave with whoever that guy was. The one you lied about. And now you guys are dating? Sky-"
"Stop, please. I'm not dating him. I'm not seeing anyone right now. And I-I don't know what my feelings are towards you anymore, Ash. . . I want to be with you, so much. It kills me. I just-there's something telling me not to. I can't go through the pain I went through. . . At least not again. I'll always love you, Ashton. I'm just. . . Not the girl of your dreams. I'm not the girl you should be with-I'm just not the one for you, Ashton. But, hell. You're definitely the boy of my dreams. Even if I'm off with someone else, Ash, I'll always love you. I was mad when I said I didn't want to be your best friend. You're the greatest best friend in the whole world! I'm sorry," my whole face turns pink while Ashton walks over to me. I get up.

He takes my hands with his. "Skylar. . ." He whispers in my ear.
"I can't stop thinking about you. And you are the girl for me. I knew you liked me. I just waited for the right moment, but when this guy Leá came into the story, I knew I wasn't going to get you back. I broke up with my girlfriend, Sky. But what does that matter, anyway? This is about you. I love you, and I don't know why I didn't ask you out when I had the chance. But, Skylar, I totally respect what you say. We can go back to best friends, and stay best friends." Ashton looks into my eyes the whole time while saying this.
I nod, "I'd like that. . . If we went back to best friends," I whisper as he pulls me close, "But just one last time," He wraps his arms around my waist.

Ashton's warm soft lips press against mine. And it feels right rather than Lee's cold lips on mine. I blush at the thought. I was with Lee now, wasn't I? But it just. . . Feels way different than Ashton. And without even hesitating, I can say the word love to Ashton, smiling.
Ashton pulls me closer, then backs away, "Is this goodbye to sweet kisses?" He smirks. "Maybe," I say jokingly. "What if it wasnt?" He winks. "It is, Ash." I laugh. "Is that for sure?" He holds me. I don't reply. I wasn't sure. At all.