Chapter 4 - hey i kind of like you

(Cover: Lee)
Brent grinned. "Well, sis, what do you think?" Brent looked around. "You're throwing a party?" I raised a brow. "Yep, it's for you, but your real one will be in two days, don't worry!" Brent smiled as I nodded.

"Need help with putting the lights around the room?" Jezell said, softly blushing. "Nah, I'm all right, we have enough lights," Brent softly grinned. "Oh erm. . . uh, yeah, sorry." Jezell mumbled, with a small smile. "No need to be sorry," Brent chuckled as Jezell shurgged.

Within an hour or so, people started to come. My friends, Brent's friends, and some high schoolers I knew. Party's aren't always my favorite, especially when they get a little out of hand. Hopefully this is a little more calm than usual. I HOPE.

"Ah, hey Sky, I'm so sorry," Ashton squinted his eyes, something was wrong. "Ashton, why are you drinking non stop? And why-What's wrong?" I glanced at him. "Oh nothing, nothing at all," Ashton started to bite his lip. "Ash," I locked my eyes with his. "Meldumpedme." Ashton says so fast, um? "What?" I raise a brow, staring at him.

He sighed. "Yeah, right. .there's nothin' to hide, hm? Well. . Mel dumped me. I guess she just wasn't. . um.. I don't know-I think it was because we kissed, twice, and she thinks we have feelings for each other," Ashton sighed, again. "Oh, that's too bad. Are you okay?" I put a hand on his shoulder. "Y-Yeah, I'm just fine, couldn't get any better than this." He faked a smile. "Than what?" I raised a brow as he shrugged.

"Sky," he shut his eyes for a moment, then opened them again. "I kissed you because I-I thought this was actually heading somewhere. . You're just so-beautiful. . Too beautiful actually. I had my chance, and why the heck did I ignore it. Skylar, will you please give me a chan-"

I shook my head, as he didn't finish the words. "I'm sorry," I felt like I was about to explode. After what's happened, I can't be with you. Wasn't it obvious, after all? You wanted to go back to friends, right? Do you know how many times you've broke my heart? All right. Maybe not literally, but I'm done. This little "crush" I've had is over, and it's hard to say, but there'll be no us. I loved Ashton waters, but is it that I do now? Loved is a different word, and gosh, I can't control myself when his lips are on mine, Can we go back to friends?
So many thoughts came to my mind. Love love love. Obviously, for so many years, there was basically a sign on my forehead that said 'I love Ashton Waters.' But you see, you've played too many games, hun.

"No, Ashton, just no. ." I didn't hesitate, I was saying the truth, to be honest. "I loved you, Ashton. And you didn't even notice! God, if I could only tell you how many times I loved you. . You never noticed. Never!" I was crying now. No. I was sobbing. Ashton frowned, slowly putting his arms around me. "Well, I love you, Skylar," he whispered in my ear. His words played tricks to my mind. No. Just stop, because, hell. I love you too, Ashton Waters.

I said nothing. I shut my eyes, hiding my face in his chest. Ashton softly smiled, I could feel it. He tapped my chin gently, so I was staring in his eyes. Boy, I love this, but I shouldn't. He put his lips against my ear. "Do you love me, Miss Flores?" I could feel his soft smile. "I-" I was stuck in between thoughts. Why yes, I do love you, Ashton waters, I truly do.

He snaked his arms around my waist, pulling me closer. "You. . ?" Ashton went back, pulling apart. "I-" I whisper still stuck. Just. . . Do something Ashton! I thought. He kissed me, not aggressively, but slowly, and gently. "Get the heck away from my sister," Brent growled. He sure was drunk. "Uh, hey, I didn't mean any trouble," Ashton looked over at Brent who looked suprised. "Oh uh sorry man, I thought you were some random guy, uh, bye," Brent ran.

Then, I jerked back, standing up. "I'm sorry Ashton," I raced to the garage, and he followed. "Please, Sky," his soft voice wanted me to change my mind, but I shook my head. "You're my best friend-well you were! And be realistic! Us together?!"
His jaw dropped open, his mouth was wide open. And his eyes widened. "We Were best friends? We were? Skylar," he squinted his eyes, then softly laughed. "You gotta be kidding me, come on now! You are my best friend! Nothing will ever change that!" Ashton scowled. Wow. This was the first time I've ever seen him "officially" mad.