Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

King .

It's been a month and a half since I first met Ja'Kiya at that party. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't searching for this broad and looking to see if I would bump into her everywhere I went. Shawty was M.I.A. foreal. I finally came to the conclusion that she's hiding out at her house, wherever that is, so she won't run into me, because she know she want a nigga.

You ain't rushin' for love and I ain't out here to judge. So, lets neglect the what-ifs and make it do what it does.

Wale was speaking some real shit. That part hit a nigga harder than it usually did. Mane, JaKiya fucking with a nigga head. She should've just gave me her number. Got a nigga out here searching for her and shit.

I'ma bump into her soon though, I got a feeling I am. That's when she'll realize she want this dick, and to be on my team. Just seem like time ain't going fast enough though.

"Oh, Lavonte! Boy I know you hear me!" My mom yelled in my face, snapping me out my thoughts. I ain't hear shit she was saying, but she really ain't gotta be all up on a nigga like that.

"My bad. What's up?"

"Get yo ass up and come reach me this damn ketchup. What the hell you was thinking about that had you out like that anyways?"

I looked at her and smiled. I almost forgot how short she was. She was 5'1 and has been that height since middle school. She was always asking me to reach something for her when I'd come over, because I can reach what she can't with my 6'4 frame. I don't see how she manages to get anything without me here and I don't know why she keep trying to put her shit up high knowing damn well she can't reach it. I shook my head. Moms be trippin'.

I handed her the ketchup and sat back down at the kitchen table. "Nothing," I lied. I couldn't have nobody knowing I was trippy over Ja'Kiya. That just something I don't do, and I don't want them to think she got a nigga whipped already.

"Boy if you don't stop lying to me, and tell me the truth I'ma put my foot up your ass," she laughed and I did too. I love this woman.

"This girl I met at a party a while back."

"So what you like her or something?" she asked. I really ain't know how to answer her question. It's like I do like her, but at the same time I ain't tryna commit right now, or am I? Shit, a nigga don't know. Like I said; love got me trippin.

"I don't even know, to be real. I want her on my team, on the slick, but she don't seem like the type to be in a relationship and you know I ain't really the type either. Something about her just got a nigga thinking otherwise."

"That was your first time meeting her or..?"

"Yeah. All we did was chill, smoke in my car, and she let me get a li' play. Then when I asked for her number she told me I couldn't have it. Talkin' bout some we'll meet again if it's meant to be. The fuck?" That we'll meet again if it's meant to be shit was starting to get on my last nerves on the real.

"Damn. She got you hooked like that? She gotta be bad. What she look like?" I chuckled at my mama. It's like she ain't never age. Moms is only 38 years old, but she looked like she was in her mid-twenties.

"She red with jet black hair that's curly as fuck. She thick, but ain't got a stomach. And ma, her ass is like 'Oh Gawd'. And she got a baby face," I said. My mama started laughing at my description.