Chapter 15

Even more time later --21:19
~~~~~~~~~~
"Ugh, are we gonna set up camp soon...?" Fai was leaning forward on Checkers again. "So hungry..."

"Shut up, idiot. You had nearly an entire loaf of bread!" Cade snapped at the redhead, sounding angry, but his face had a touch of amusement on it.

"That is a very big exaggeration. I only had half the loaf." Fai sat back up again, stretching his arms and yawning. "Aah, so tired..."

"No, don't yawn or--" Marion yawned, "--or I will too..." She yawned again and rested her head on Cade's back.

Josh looked around. "Yeah, I guess we can stop here for tonight. We should be able to get to Sina before nightfall tomorrow."

"Yesss..." Fai hissed through his teeth, too lazy to fully open his mouth.

Josh smiled slightly and dismounted, subtly helping Caleb dismount as well. Caleb half walked half stumbled over to a tree, where he slowly sunk to the ground. Josh began unpacking his stallion.

It was almost like a race; Fai and Cade both glanced at each other, Fai smirking and Cade trying to keep up his glare, then the two of them began speed-unpacking their horses. Cade finished a second before Fai.

"Haha, yes! In your face, loser! Pay up!" Cade was no longer glaring at the redhead; he was grinning from ear-to-ear.

Bless Cade and his ability to be unable to stay angry for long, Fai thought as he took out a small rectangular bar wrapped in tin foil. "Fine, here."

Cade licked his lips as he looked at the small bar. "Ha. I got it back."

"Yes you did," Fai chuckled. "But I'll get it back, don't you worry~!"

The blond grunted in response as he unwrapped the metal-covered rectangle, unveiling a quarter-eaten bar of chocolate. "Sure you will," Cade said just before he took one bite, then wrapped the chocolate back in the foil.

"I always do~!" Fai snickered, then called out, "Hey, is everyone else done yet?"

Kole glared at the redhead, but continued to stay silent. He finished unwrapping his sleeping mat, then placed it on the ground after he cleared the area of stray debris.

"Clean...freak..." Marion yawned as she sat down on her own mat next to Cade's, the blond lying down on his. Kole ignored her.

Josh looked at the others. "We'll be getting up early tomorrow, so get some sleep, guys." He sat down on the ground, settling comfortably with his back against a tree.

Fai drew his lips into a tight line. "Didn't you keep watch for end of the last night?"

"He did," Kole grumbled, walking over to Josh. "Up."

Josh cocked an eyebrow. "Why?"

"I don't want my guard to fall asleep on the job."

Josh narrowed his eyes. "I've never fallen asleep on the job, and I've stayed awake longer than this before. Plus," he eyed Kole, "I really doubt that you could hold your own if my family shows up. If you want to be killed though," he gestured to the ground next to him, "please, be my guest."

Kole looked at him with emotionless eyes. "I'm telling you to rest, moron." He put down his violin case that had been slung over his shoulder. Taking out the instrument, he waited a beat to adjust it, then dragged the bow across the strings, a sound that seemed like it could make ears bleed emitting from the instrument. The brunet stopped the sound after a moment, saying, "The second I hear something unnatural or suspicious, that's what you'll wake up to. Except louder."