Chapter 7 (new)

Pic of the River

Eros p.o.v.

"You have a what," Diana screams as I started to get ready for my claiming ceremony. I just told Diana about my new brother.

"That kid in the picture is my big brother who is younger than me," I say simply. I finish putting on my castor uniform which is a grey sleeveless robe, black silk pants and a plain dark grey shirt.

"Wow. Why did they never tell you?"

"Well one reason was because they were scared of how we would react. Luckily though we all took it well. We just need to adapt to it now," I say.

That's when Nick walked into my room. Diana wanted to hang out before the ceremony, but she had to babysit, so she brought him over. I am going to introduce him to Kai when he comes over from the store with my mom.

"Diana, why were you screaming," he asks.

"Oh, nothing. I was just excited for today. Today is Eros's birthday," she says.

"Really? Why didn't you tell me E," he asks.

"Oh, sorry. I forgot," I apologize.

"It's okay E. Are you going to have a party," he asks excitedly.

"Yeah, a little one at the palace after the ceremony." Usual claiming ceremonies can be done anywhere and usually there's a party afterwards to celebrate it. The Selene though insisted we have the ceremony at the clan palace. Large clans like ours have palaces. Most Helios and Selenes live there, but our don't because it's too far away from the clan people and they love to socialize.

"When can we go," he asks. I'm about to answer when I see Kai walk into the room. He looks at Nick confused and Nick starts to grin.

"Kaiy," Nick screams and hugs Kai.

"Nicky? What are you doing here?" So they know each other. From where though?

"I'm here to see E. What are you doing here?"

"I'm here because Eros said he had a friend for me to play with," my brother answers. Nick then glares at me and crosses his arm. "Who is this kid you want my Kai to play with," he ask angrily. Is he jealous? I chuckle a little

"You," I say. He stops glaring and looks surprised. Then he gets excited and turns to Kai. "What should we play first?" They both run out of the room probably to play in the living room.

"Aww. He was so cute," Diana squeal.

"Yeah," I smile.

"So how do you feel about today," she aks.

"Nervous. I hate crowds and being the center of attention, which is what's going to happen. Plus I'm finding out what element I am and getting meeting my spirit animal. The nerve wracking," I say truthfully. I can feel myself shake a little. I needed to relax.

"Hey calm down. It's not a big deal. Just breath," she says calmly. I nod my head and take a deep breath and try to relax. "We have a couple hours till the ceremony, so how about you go for a walk or something to calm yourself. I can look after the children."

"I can't ask you to do that."

She waves it off and says, "It's no big deal. Plus Nick owes me a rematch of go fish." I smile and give in. I know exactly where I'm going, but I need to grab something first. I go into my closet and take out my necklace.

The necklace is a blue oval ball gemstone with a metal griffin that wraps around it.

"What is that you have there," Diana asks. I turn around and showed her. She gasps and looks at it. "Eros that's beautiful," she comments.