Uh-oh

(A/N: Those are the rings. The black one is on his left ring finger and the white one is on the right)
[Tristan]

This cell or whatever had a weird smell to it; one minute smelling like flowers and water on concrete, then the next it's smelling like moth balls and gas. However, that wasn't compared to the pitch black it would nearly turn into at night, if it wasn't for the moon shedding some light. I didn't bother trying to sleep, because I'd wake right up to heavy footsteps from all around, banging on the walls and doors, screaming, crying, and gruesome sounds of torture.

Blocking my ears proved it to be impossible to cancel it out, so I just stayed up all night until sunrise and waited for my food to arrive. I'm surprised (kinda) that Jairus, Erylis, or Lethia hadn't came through and assigned some servants to secretly send me any special food to my liking. All I've had was some kind of mystery meat, water, and 2 little bread sticks. Wasn't much, but I was more than grateful for it after waiting 3 days for after awoke to get something to eat.

That was the beginning of this new hellhole, if only I wasn't bothered by my growling stomach, the guy named Caesar, in the next cell wouldn't have been killed on the spot. So with the food as a constant reminder of the third day, I said two prayers my God; one giving thanks for the food, and the other in hopes that Caesar's family and friends had my condolences. With my plate cleared and my stomach somewhat full, I waited for 10 minutes to pass by until I heard the footsteps. They were coming to take the plates.

I had already pushed mine through the tray hole and went to sit on the wooden bed. The thing was actually quite nice for a dungeon cell. It was made of strong wood, had an okay mattress, and decent amount of space to stretch my feet. Bad part was that it was the only thing smelling of gas. I didn't mind though, the moth ball smell made up for it.

I was sitting on the bed and leaning against the wall, thinking about things overall until I heard mumbling outside my door. I thought it to be the guards or whoever collecting my tray, but i head a loud thud as my door swung open. I jumped when I saw 2 guards and Mr. Loren coming towards me. I backed away as far as I could, but the wall stopped me and gave Mr. Loren the pleasure in slapping me. I whimpered a little as he laughed and the guards came to hold me up roughly by my arms.

"Don't you think it'll be a rather true delight in today's battle? What do you say, boys?" he asked the guards, grinning at me.

The one on my left replied, "A spark now that you mention it, my lord."

The one on my right chuckled, "Especially since a low-life human is fighting a pointless battle. He's not even considered a drudge, my lord. This shall be a spark in today's battle."

"Exactly. He's not a drudge, nor would he give the name and duty of one any justice. I still don't even bother to find out what is it about this imbecile that my son proclaims his love for. You, Tristan, are still one that I'm trying to figure out while at the same time trying to throw out. I. Do. Not. Like. You. And nor do I want my son, seeing how it is you who confused him, one of my daughters, and even my wife."

"I'm sorry." I tried.

"SORRY IS NOT ENOUGH!" he yelled as he slapped me again. "That is why I'll enjoy seeing how sorry you are in today's special event. Just for you and my son, you'll be in a series of 7 battles. There being 7, because your lot back on Earth consider it to be a lucky number. So yours will be tested today. Shall we, gentlemen?" he snickered as he walked out.

Not having a minute to process the number of times I'll get killed if not lose, I was pushed and shoved out of my cell by the guards. I kept my head down as I stayed a good distance away from Mr. Loren. Keeping my eyes and ears on his trail, I felt warmth coming from outside. When I looked up, I was met with gate with that showed another garden within the Loren's castle grounds.