Apology Accepted

(A/N: Jairus's bathroom that he now shares with Tristan.)

[Jairus]

I knew something was wrong with him the moment I felt his heartbeat quicken, but it wasn't from the torturous pain of my father. This was something different. His heart was heavy and I could sense the feeling of pain from betrayal; as if he'd been lied to. I can't think of anyone other than that black witch who posed as his grandmother. So who else has trampled on my darling's trusting heart?

I saw myself close to the answer when I entered Tristan's room, after quickly and quietly rearranging the furniture he used to block everyone out. As I tidied up, I saw the huddled shape of my hurt love under the covers, quivering a bit as he was trying to rest. I didn't need to ask of what was wrong, or if he needed comfort. So I made my way over to him and inspected him. While inspecting him and his slight red eyelids, I ran a hand through his hair and heard a whimper from him. I ran my hand through his hair again until his whimpering calmed, thus leaving him to finally rest.

Not standing heartache of being pushed even further away from him, let alone his sadness, I pulled his duvet down so I could lay next to him. Once comfortable with my sweet, I turned him around and laid his head on my chest as I covered us with the thick cover. I kept my gaze along his face, his eye bags and cheeks mainly. All that I do for him yet I still cause him more pain, when I honestly want him to see how much I yearn for him. I still have a lot to show him about how I could give him the life he wanted; the life he deserved. We could live in peace if only he'd see what life has in store for him if he stays with me. Happiness.

As I kept my eyes frozen over his face and calm demeanor, he kept sniffing as he slept. I rubbed a thumb on histo try and cease it, but he would turn his head a little from it. I didn't mind it however, I just kept at it until he succumbed to it. I lost myself gazing at his peaceful face, I didn't realize that I was falling asleep myself. With another pull to bring him closer, I smiled, kissed him on the head, and closed my eyes as blissful darkness welcomed me to sleep.

Everything's coming into place.

-Morning-
[Tristan]

I could feel warmth all around me as I laid on a very weird pillow. I didn't toss and turn at all, or fluff it to adjust to my head since it was that soft for a weird pillow. However, I wish that it wasn't one when I felt something smooth, squishy, and a few bristles brushing against my face. When I felt a thumb rubbing my temple I wanted to jump up and be on my way, but with every attempt to get away this person of a pillow kept me in place, bringing me closer and holding on tighter to me.

Fed up, I slowly stretched rose with his Jairus's hands still on me. I grabbed them firmly and removed them from me. I heard a sigh escape him before he spoke. "You're very peaceful when you're resting. And may I say, youre very beautiful with your light snoring." Queue rising vomit now.

I rubbed my eyes as I yawned, trying to disguise the blush rising in my cheeks. This bastard has a way with words. I looked around and noticed that we were in a different spot. Yesterday I moved my bed in between my dresser and the wall and I nearly knocked the drawer over trying to block the door. Now everything is back in its original place just like my real room at..... home. That word sent a little throb to my head and a sharp pain to my heart, making me groan and catch myself. I felt the weight of the bed shift beside me as Jairus came to the edge. He tried to comfort me by whispering sweet nothings to me and rubbing my back, but I brushed it off and told him I was fine.

Sensing my lie, he brought both hands to each temple and mouthed something I couldn't make out clearly. A soothing breeze blew over me and I was instantly fine, causing me to slump against him almost until I caught myself again. It's like he released all the tense and stress from my being, and it felt so good. But I didn't want to give into his ways, non matter what magic tricks he and his people use on me.