preface.

summary.

Astrid travels back to a lost dynasty of China, and becomes Mei.

She was accused of murder in the modern world, but now the dangers that lie in the imperial harem are greater than she'd imagine. Mei is forced to adapt to a world of seduction and survival in the palace, and will raise up in the ranks of the Crown Prince's harem.

Meanwhile, the beginning of a lost dynasty that was unknown to the modern world proves to be susceptible to rebellious chaos and damage to the nation's peace. 

trigger warnings.

History is a little murky over here - it's an imagined lost dynasty for God's sake! I recommend reading a textbook if you're trying to learn Chinese history facts.

You will be introduced to the foreign concept of an harem where one man had control over hundreds of wives. There will be references to mature ideas, and some of the characters may be mentally, physically and in some cases, sexually abusive.

As much as I try to keep this story feminist as f*ck...

Please remember:

This was a time before feminism. Girls may not always be treated kindly.

other words to note.

I am brainstorming a vision for the lost dynasty. It would be a hybrid of all the dynasties, but please let me know if you have any suggestions.

The Tian Dynasty is the name of this lost dynasty. It overthrew the Qing, and had a short reign that was left forgotten by history. Mei will be betrothed to the second ruler of the Tian, and he is in a very critical position for the very existence of his dynasty. If Mei's husband fails, then the Qing supporters will throw the nation in chaos and slaughter the imperial family.