Reality Hurts

"Girls like you remind me that I'm lonely" ~Miguel

Prodigy|

I woke up thanking God it was Saturday also known as my day off. I got out of bed moving on to the next part of this day that could only make it better. My steaming hot shower. I waltzed into the bathroom turning on the water to as steamy as it could get without burning the black off of me. Getting in I thought about what I would do today then the thought hit me. That girl. From last night. Her image was still chiseled into my brain. Why couldn't I stop thinking about this magnificent stranger. I mean she could just be any drunk girl I see around town, but why do I see her differently. I let the hot water hit my face as if that was gonna help my confusion. After a good 30 minutes of washing and wondering I got out. I dug through my closet for something to wear. I guess this was a jeans and t-shirt kind of day. I threw my clothes on and headed down stairs. I was glad to see that Roc and Ray actually followed a simple request and locked my door. I Grabbed my keys and phone and left, my next destination Starbucks. My phone buzzed in the cup holder as I sped down the street. I picked it up to see Prince was calling. "Whussup?" I answered. "What you got going on tonight?" He asked. "Nothing, why?" "We going out, you down?" He said snapping at someone in the background. "Yeah, sure." I said "Cool... Hey! What the fuck are you doing. I didn't hire you for this shit!" He said yelling. "Ill hit you up later." He added most likely irritated at his employe. Prince was doing pretty damn good for himself handling the clothing merchandise part of our career. Even though he is mad picky about random shit. I drove on soon pulling in to the Starbucks parking lot walking in smelling exactly was I was in need of. Coffee. Going up to the register I observed my surroundings which I had to do often to avoid the occasional rabid fan. "How can I help you?" The cashier said. I read her name tag. Leigha. "Can I have a tall double shot vanilla iced coffee." I asked politely because she seemed to be irritated. "Mmhm, name?" "Prodigy." She rose her eyebrow at me. "That will be $2.49...Prodigy." She says still trying to figure out the concept of my name. I hand her my credit card and she hands it back. "Pick ups down there." She points out when I clearly see the large print sign. "Thanks." I say making my way to the pickup counter. "Is my shift ova yet, damn" I hear the same cashier yell towards the back. "Keep that attitude up you won't be working here much longer." A mans voice fires back. "Whatever." She says taking off the black and green apron. The barista hands me my coffee, and as I slowly make my way out I see the cashier leaning against the wall smoking a cigarette. A car pulls up and she damn near throws the shit at me. But I keep cool. It's supposed to be my good day. She runs up to the car. I cross in front of the car hopping these bitches aren't plotting to run my ass over. I looked over casually to see who's driving and immediately left reality. It was her. The girl from last night. I find my self slowing my pace to watch her a little longer. Somewhere in the back of my mind im still hoping I don't get run over.

Jae|

"Bro, you see that nigga?" Robyn says from the back seat."I would love to take a bite out of that sexy chocolate bastard." I look up to see a man about mid-20s crossing the street as if he was 90 fucking years old. "Yeah and his ass bout to be pavement if he don't hurry up." I say as Leigha closes the door. "Girl, I think he lookin at you!" She says. I glance up seeing that he's going even slower but has now focused his attention on me. He stares at me funny. I probably just look like a piece of damn meat to him even though his stare is weird...as if he's trying to read me behind this windshield. I watch as he finally passes going towards a very nice black car. "Oh Shit!" I yell. "Damn. What?" Leigha says ducking. "Thats him! That's the creepy nigga that was staring at me last night. I remember his car!" I say in a rush. "Awh shit want me to pop this nigga right quick. I ain't got no problems laying his ass out in front of Starbucks now." Lee says taking her seat belt off. "His ass will probably pluck you off him like a fly, like do you see that nigga. Talk about a work of art." Robyn says still admiring him in her fantasies. "So... I laid Big Duce out last summer and his big ass ain't put a damn scratch on me." She says flexing. "Cause yo stupid ass hit him with a crowbar." Robyn laughs. "But he ain't talkin no more shit, is he?" Leigha says proving her case. Ignoring them I study the man once more before speeding off. He was attractive. But as always, just another dick. The thought of my hopeless romance was becoming bigger and bigger everyday. I would never figure out why guys are assholes. Or why they think they can use girl for pleasure. It's sad to say but there's no sense of real love in life anymore. Hoes live by day to day. And niggas play their part. But for some reason I continue to hold on to that tiny piece of hope, unfortunately that I'm sure would be gone by the next strangers kiss. "Bitches were going out tonight." Leigha says. "Why?" I say turning at the stoplight. "Because we got invited." She says happily."Whatever. I'll go." I say pulling up to our house. "Just know I'm leaving your ass there if you get drunk cuz you ain't bout to throw up in my car hoe." I add. "Girl I would drive yo drunk ass home.." She says. "...Sike I wouldn't. Drunk bitches ain't shit so I don't blame you." We get out and I unlock the door. "So where we hitten up tonight?" Robyn asks. "I need to know what to wear.." She adds in a thinking manor. "Well I don't know where my date plans on taking us but ill find out." She says. "Uh uh hoe, since when did you start actually finding a date. " I say surprised. "I decided not to be one of these hoes out here that fuck around and try to find someone for myself."" She says proud. "I don't blame you. I would if I could." I say. "Honestly Jae, i think you'll find somebody." Robyn says. "Eh..." I walk upstairs into my room flopping down on my bed hoping for a peaceful nap. I doze off with the Starbucks nigga on my mind. I need to figure out why he was creeping on me last night. And I'm gonna.