I would Never

A/N:Basically (I have just seen 5x13) & am still recovering, I know the difference.
main story- Merlin interrupts Mordred from Arthur who's about to be struck.
Also, i keep waking up in tears because David Bowie died.
Arthur
Well I suppose you would be least expecting your best knight aiming a sword at you directly, with you lying in a vulnerable position, but what is even more surprising is when your flimsy, clumsy, sweet little manservant comes running towards you to supposingly "save the day". Believe me I thought he was as useful as he is attractive, though I guess why he is more useful is because of a growing attraction which I seem to have subconsciously been flowering in me.
However his place and preference is no match for Guine-
My train of thought was broken as I realised there was a sword hovering over me when it started to take everything a long time to move, every thing was in slow motion, the sword dove downwards, I couldn't shy away,
And then Mordred was flung back.
The sword flicking through the air as Mordred was caught by no other than....Merlin?!
Did he just save my life? I thought he was running errands for Gaius!
It was as though time began to speed up again, Mordred tried to free himself of Merlin's grasp which he did, before getting tripped over by Merlin.
Mordred was breathing heavily after being winded.
He tried to pick himself up, with a scary looking Merlin towering over, which even made me take a mental step back. I had never seen Merlin like this.
He gripped Mordred by the collar, but Mordred had no fear veiling his eyes, in a mocking tone "Well of it isn't little Emrys. Coming just in the nick of time to save your puny king."
"I don't want to hurt you Mordred, Kara is gone you can't change that."
" You have no idea! Arthur did not kill your love!"
" He did actually Mordred, he killed her, and I held her as she died in my arms. And perhaps I have not the strength in bitterness as you do, but at least I can find it in myself to forgive him."
I killed Merlin's love? And he has forgiven me? Mordred & Merlin have every reason to hate me, & yet Merlin doesn't.
Mordred turned back to face Merlin fully.
"I don't want to harm you Mordred."
"You won't need to" Mordred smirked evilly turning towards me...
"Don't touch him!" Shouted Merlin, and before I knew it his eyes went gold and Mordred was flung back.
MERLIN used magic