I know

A/N: Merlin gets beaten up, Arthur doesn't think it's You  that bad. Also by the way i saw jurassic world and didn't realise KATIE MCGRATH WAS IN IT!!(Morgana) and she died(me too) but like an hr into the movie, there was also one of the time lords from Dr who!🌀♏️〽️Ⓜ️🌀
Merlin lay across the cobbles in the square, it was quiet, but for Merlin, it wasn't. He was having a vision of his oblivious love (Arthur) dying, the one thing he could not bear...
But then he was being talked too, Merlin could not make out who by,
Was he being kidnapped? Why could he smell Arthur?
He feels like he is being lifted.
Arthur
*previously*
I walk past the Tavern, & just like Gaius said, Merlin is here.
I lead him out, but he doesn't smell like alcohol at all! I must go and talk to the Tavern manager.
...
"No sire, I can assure you that Merlin has only come in here a few times, he on'y ever drank 'ere twice! Both times wa'er! Neva seen 'im drink a drop of alcohol, normlee 'es just in 'ere to pick up Gwaine."
that means he'll remember tonight. At least he should remember to have done my armour.
I hope he got me a birthday gift, I would like that.
Wait, he may not even afford it.
Payrise time?
I go out to where Merlin was, to find him sprawled across the cobbles, maybe he did have a bit to drink.
I walk up closer, "Merlin! Time to get up! Wakey wakey!"
I nudge him, awaiting a response.
Nothing.
I look around to see two men running off.
"Hey!" I shout, but they're too busy chuckling as they run away.
"Hey, Merlin. Come on this isn't funny...
Merlin? Merlin you have work to do, get up." I say pushing him.
No response.
I'm getting slightly worried now.
I check for a pulse, very very faint.
I check his breathing.
A wheeze, he inhales deeply eyes opening slightly, as he huffs.
"Oh my god! Merlin!"
I lift him up into my arms, running towards Gaius's.
Blood starts to drip from his shirt, and he grunts. "Hang on Merlin, stay awake for me, now, don't ruin my birthday"
I just realised, Gaius would be helping prepare for the feast!
Damn it!
I take of my coat and roll it up, laying the back of Merlin's head on it.
(I know CPR wasn't invented, but do you seriously think Arthur had a defibrillator handy on him?! No)
Arthur parted Merlin's watermelonous lips with his fingers, and leaned down after taking a large gasp of air, pressed his lips to his manservant's.
The king came up for air, and pumped Merlin's chest five times.
He tried again, and again, and again.
As Arthur started to tear up losing hope, and repeating 'Come on Merlin, don't die on me... Come on....please!'
Merlin's eyes flew open, shining a blinding golden tint, his body seemed to lift off the ground, and he took a deep breath, and exhaled.
A small golden ball escaped his lips, and hovered his face, before darting back down his throat to his
chest and Merlin's breaths drew short and snappy, his eyes fading back to blue agonisingly slowly, as he lay back down and passed out. Leaving Arthur in utter awe.
Perhaps this was all a dream, and Arthur was really just drunk.
But no- he was sure- he had surely felt, the tingle-the taste of Merlin's swollen lips.
He gently removed his manservant from the floor, and put his coat back on, lifting a still bleeding Raven onto his shoulders.
How he had entered his chambers unnoticed, was unknown.
Just lucky, he supposed.
He lay Merlin down on his bed, and hovered over his face admiringly and-
Merlin's head jerked up, colliding his lips with Arthur's, who happened to be wound up with an overwhelming mixture of shock and bliss, happily kissing Merlin.
The Royal wrapped his arm under Merlin's back to support him up, when he noticed the bleeding stopped.
He departed Merlin's lips, confused but was once again interrupted by a face returning to his.
Why learn about healing when he you can kiss?
Arthur returned the kiss with equal fervour.
He pulled away from the smiling boy beneath him, who leant upwards and gave him a short kiss, wrapping both arms around the neck, and turning sideways, hugging him to his body.
"Happy birthday my prince" he whispered.
And if the Prince turned up to his 'Birthday Banquet' beside his manservant, with a smirk plastered on his face- no one would know why...

::

After returning from the feast with a new energy, the prince had started to notice Merlin walking strangely beside him.
What he didn't know, was Merlin was transforming.
Sometimes when you do something that wasn't meant to happen, or is unplanned, it changes your destiny, or things like your form.
When they got to Arthur's chambers Merlin had to lean on him to walk through the doors.

"Arthur...I'm transforming into something!"

"Merlin?! What?! I don't understand!"

"Look out I don't want to hurt you."

"I don't understand! What's happening?!"
" This was never meant to happen -we were never meant to happe-aaugh!"
Merlin screamed as he felt feathery new structures tear through his back.
Arthur gasped in awe, as Merlin's skin changed to a dark, black, and his feet and hands turning so pale, they went completely white.
Then came the most shocking, all of his skin, changed texture, becoming pointy, and turned into a beautiful fur coat, and his face grew, into a feline's, ears turning triangular and pointed.
It seemed all of Merlin's clothes had faded into nothing during the transition.
Arthur eyed down the mere beauty, the fine creature before him.
He stepped closer to inspect the many gashes, and hairless spots on the creature's stomach, but Merlin only backed away, terrified, of himself, of how Arthur would react, & what he'd do.

"Merlin....what..wh-?"
Merlin tried to speak, he had to get used to his new anatomy, but it ended up sounding like a sad whimper.
Merlin continued to back up, with tears falling out of his blue eyes, as Arthur continued to walk towards him, bit it ended up with Merlin leaping into the air, propelling his wings, and then darting through the closed doors.

"Okay, so thats new....Merlin kissed me, has magic, turned into a black feline with feathered wings, is scared of me and himself, and therefore departs my chambers by dissapearing through a locked door... Yep that's about right!"
'I must be dreaming...' Thought Arthur, but however unbelievable it sounded- he knew deep down inside that that wasn't the case, that this really did-was happening.
"I think I will have to go and find a way to stretch my arms so I can hug him.
.............................
WOW 7K WHAT THANKS WHAT
ALSO I WROTE THAT AUTHORS NOTE SO LONG AGO WOW.
I LOVE EVERY SINGLE READER EXCEPT THE POSSIBLE PEDO SCROLLING THROUGH MY FEED(pls go away)
OTHER THAN THAT ILY AND IF YOU LIKE ONE OF MY STORIES AND YOURE NOT JUST VOTING COZ YOU FEEL SORRY THAT I SUCK AT WRITING YOU CAN USE THE IDEA OR REWRITE OR SEQUEL AND PLS DONT GIVE CRED NC I WILL PROBABLY FIND IT ANYWAY BYEEE