And So the Wold Fell in Love with the Kitten. Chapter 4

Picture of Blake in wolf form. (I changed his color because I couldn't find any gray ones haha. You can imagine him gray.)

----------------------->

Blake's POV

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we almst there yet?"

"No."

"Can we rest now?"

"No."

"Can you say anything else besides 'no'?"

"Yes, 'can you shut up'?"

I heard her huff  behind me. She did that a lot.

"For a small little thing, you sure talk a lot..."

"I do not! Fine. I won't talk to you the rest of the way! Hmph!"

"Thank god."

I swear I could feel her glare daggers into my back but I won't give her the satisfaction of turning around.

Pretty soon, we reached a big running river. The only way across was a fallen tree that went from one side of the bank, to the other. It was pretty dangerous but I've done it many times before.

"Okay, lets cross."

I thought I heard her gulp but just brushed it away. I started across the trunk and by the time I got there, she was still on the other side, staring fearfully into the water.

"You're not scared of the water, are you?" I taunted.

She quickly raised her head to glare at me, then, with a little squeak, ran across the log.

At the last moment, her foot slipped and she fell into the rushing river.

Sh*t.

I ran across the bank after her until I was almost next to her. I made a running leap into the water and grabbed her by the scruff. She started coughing and mewing pathetically. I then calmly swam to the bank and pushed both of us onto dry land.

Lorraine started spitting and coughing out water until she finally caught her breath. She proceeded to start shivering violently as if she were in a snow storm.

"I think -pant- we should -pant- rest now." I huffed.

I couldn't tell if she was shivering, or nodding her head. I  just grabbed her by the scruff and ran into a dry rock crevice.

"We'll rest here for now."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I was laying near the entrance of the crevice keeping watch when I felt a warm, wet body near my paws. I opened my eyes and stared into a pair of big brown ones. I guess she took my silence as an invitation to scramble into my arms. She looked at me before shocking me by giving a tentive lick on my nose.

"Thanks for saving me," she replied, curling up into a ball and drifting off to sleep.

Sweet dreams Kitten.

Lorraine's POV

I woke to a warm and furry object nudging my pelt.

"Its time to go Kitten."

"Nooo 10 more minutes." I snuggled closer to the warm body.

"Come on. Lets go." I felt the warm body shift under me and before I knew it, I was plopped onto the cold ground.

I blinked sleepily and trudged out into the open. I layed against the bank of the stream and drank some of the water. The movement of the river had gone down. I looked up into the sky and saw dawn approach. It must be near morning.

"Come on kitten, the sooner we start, the faster we'll get there."

"Don't call me Kitten," I grumbled.

I heard him snicker quietly but chose to ignore it. I was too tired to argue with him.

"How much more longerrrr?" I moaned.

"Just a couple more hours. Kitten."

I hope he felt the daggers from my glare.

I suddenly remembered about Elaine. I wonder where she was? Gosh I hope nothing happened to her. I was too carried away in my thoughts to see the tree that I was headed straight for.

BAM!

I let out a wail and clutched my forehead with my paws. I could probably hear Blake's husky laughter from all the way back in the city. I glared at him and ran straight towards him. At the last second, I pounced on his back.

He let out a growl and tried to shake me off but I hung on.

"Not too funny anymore is it?"

He finally gave up trying to shake me off and started walking again. I purred contently and snuggled deeper into his neck fur. He smelled like pine trees and man, if that makes any sense. Boy did it smell good...