And So the Wolf Fell in Love with the Kitten. Chapter 1

Photo of Lorraine ------------------------>

4 Years Ago:

"Take Lorraine and run Elaine! Keep running and don't look back! Go as far away as you can!"

"No mom! I'm not leaving you here! Come with us!"

"Do as I say Elaine!! I can buy you some time to run, but I can't hold them back for long!"

Elaine hesitated. She was holding on to her 15 year old sister with tears streaming down her face.

"Go now Elaine! Shift!"

A small flash of light appeared. It disappeared as soon as it came and in Elaine's place was now a large cat with golden fur.

She grabbed the hem of Lorraine's pants with her mouth and yanked until she followed her. Elaine took one last look at her mom before bolting out the back door and into the forest with Lorriane right next to her.

She could hear the howls of the wolves as they attacked their camp, but she didn't dare look back. The only thing running through her head at the moment, was keeping her sister safe.

Present Time:

Lorraine's POV:

I did it.

After 14 years.

I finally did it.

I am now a cat-shifter.

I have been waiting years for this moment to come. My sister was lying in a patch of sunlight watching me with an amused expression. She, too, was in her cat form. Elaine found that life was easier when one was a cat.

We were both cat-shifters. Similar to werewolves except with cats. We use to be in a whole clan of cat-shifters before the wolves came and destroyed our camp. Elaine and I might even be the last of our clan.

Our kind usually develop our shifting powers at the age of 5 or up. When a shifter first learns to shift, they start out as a kitten no matter what age they are.

Unfortunately, I developed pretty late at the age of 17. I looked down at my tiny kitten body. I had white, fluffy fur with a black tip on my tail despite having black hair. You might think that this is weird but its usual for cat-shifters to have different color fur with different color hair.

I bounced up and down, testing out my paws. It is going to be hard getting use to four paws. I bounded up to my sister and sent her a mental message.

Come race with me! I want to see how fast I am!

For a seventeen year old girl, I sometimes acted pretty childish. But of course, I can be serious when I wanted to be.

"Not now Lorraine, Im tired. I just want to rest in this tiny patch of sunlight while I can. It looks like it's going to rain soon. How 'bout you try hunting in your cat form for now?"

"Alright!" My disappointment vanished when I realized that I can hunt for the first time now that my clumsy human body won't be in the way. I quickly scurried into the forest, almost stumbling over my paws in process. Now that I was finally a cat, I had better eye sight then before. I could see every hole in the trees, every bug on the ground and every dewdrop on leaves!

After a while, I stopped walking and stuck my snout in the air. My sensitive cat nose could now smell things a normal human wouldn't be able to. I caught the scent of a small hare behind the shrubs to my left.

I crouched down to a hunting position with my butt in the air. I wiggled it before stalking forward. I was almost upon the black and brown hare when a tiny rumble on the ground startled both the my prey and myself. I hissed in annoyance when it darted away into the bushes. So much for catching my first meal by myself.

The rumbling against my feet grew louder and louder until a bunch of animals burst through the trees headed straight for me. I didn’t know what else to do but run in the same direction as all the other animals. I felt my paws getting more tired by the second as I forced myself to run.

I finally notice a rock crevice to my left and veered straight for it, ducking underneath it for safety. I watched the animals run past me and couldn’t help but wonder what they were running from. At the same time, thunder rumbled in the distance as a few drops of rain pelted my nose and fur.

I hoped my sister wasn’t among the crowd of animals running for their lives.

I blinked the rain away and hid under my tiny safety hole. Might as well wait until the storm stopped before heading back to Elaine. I felt my eyes grow heavy until I drifted away into a deep slumber.

Blake's POV

I was surrounded by a tantalizing smell of vanilla and something heavenly. Could it be my mate?

I wandered deeper into the forest, trying to find the body that the scent belonged to. Despite being a large grey wolf, my steps were silent. I didn't want to scare her away when I finally found her. I assumed she was a woman. What kind of man smelled like vanilla? The scent got stronger as I walked deeper into the trees until I sensed the presence of another animal beyond the shrubs. I broke through the bush, expecting to see another wolf in my path. Instead, a tiny white kitten slept beneath a small rock. All thoughts of my 'mate' disappeared.

She must be a shifter. I thought to myself. No normal cat would be wandering in the forest. Especially sleeping in the open.

My excitement was suddenly taken over by anger. If there was one of them, there must be more near. I had thought my step-brother and his pack took care of the village of shifters already.

I lived in a pack of werewolves. My dad is the alpha of the pack which made me second in charge. I use to have a step-brother, Adrian,whom I was close with, until the day he found out that I was going to be the next alpha. He was consumed by jealousy, and even tried to battle the alpha for the position. Despite everything that my family had done for him, he left the pack, searching for lone-wolves that might want to form allies with him. We never really found the reason for him attacking the cat-shifters. Maybe it was his hatred for felines ever since he was young...

If Adrian finds this cat by herself, he'll kill her. I must take her to my father for some questioning. Looking for my mate can wait.