And So the Wolf Fell in Love with the Kitten. Chapter 23

LORRAINE'S POV

After closing the door to my room, I basically skipped down the stairs in happiness. I couldn't believe that Blake chose me instead of that bimbo Jasmine. I entered the tiny bookstore and smiled at Helen who was sitting at the front check out counter. 

"Good Moning Helen!"

She looked up from the book that she was reading and smiled back at me.

"Good morning dear. You're in a happy mood this morning."

"Ohh just woke up on the right side of the bed this morning." I replied, putting a couple scattered books back on the shelf. "What would you like me to do today?" 

"Well you can get started on reshelfing the books that you find all around the store. People these days just do not know how to put their books back," she grumbled.

I silently agreed as I took in all the books that laid on the tables and floor. 

"Soooo who was that handsome young man that was in your room earlier this morning?" 

I froze in the middle of putting a couple Nancy Drew books back in the teen section. My cheeks heated up as I remembered where the food from this morning came from. 

"Umm h-he's just my friend who came to visit my new p-place," I stammered out. "I'm sorry Helen."

"That's alright dear, it just startled me when a half naked man answered your door," she chuckled. I silently cursed Blake for answering the door. Hopefully, he wouldn't get bored and decide to visit me today. 

I managed to clear up all the books that were scattered on the floors in under an hour. Business was slow today and only a couple people showed up. The rest of the time, I spent dusting the shelves and keeping stock of books. 

"Lorraine dear, since business is slow today, you can leave early. Thanks for all the help today. Feel free to join me for dinner today at 6."

"Alright Helen, thanks!" I tried to slow down as I made my way back upstairs. I took out my keys when I reached my room and  prepared to unlock my door when Blake suddenly opened the door and yanked me into my room. 

My tiny squeak was mmuffled as Blake smashed his lips against mine. I let out a tiny moan as his mouth traveled down my throat and started kissing my neck.

"I missed you today," he murmered against my skin. I softly ran my fingers through his hair as I used my leg to kick the door shut. 

"You could've went out.."

"I wanted to wait for you to come back." My heart melted a little at his reply. "Do you want to go for a little run with me?"

I nodded my head and cuddled deeoer into his arms. "But I think you should use the window. I don't think my boss would appreciate you always coming in and out of my room. Or her shop." He sighed and kissed the top of my head. "We'll figure that out later. Right now, my wolf is dying for a run after being cooped up all day. I'll meet you outside in a few." He gave me a gentle peck on my lips before heading towards the window. 

I hurried out my door and back downstairs into the shop. "I'm heading out for a little while Helen, I'll be back before you close up shop."