Fear Not The Darkness

**another story for Riku. This is from KH1 when Riku is a FUCKING IDIOT and goes into the darkness**

I sat on the edge of the Pier, I had nothing to do today except help Riku, Sora and Kairi with the raft. I already helped put some more together and ended up getting into an argument about what we were going to call the raft. He wanted to call it Highwind, I wanted to call it Revv. We still haven't decided. The sun was starting to go down as I decided to get up and find my friends again. I ran across the beach and slammed into Riku when I wasn't Paying attention. We both fell over. "R-Riku! I'm sorry! I didn't see you!" He laughed and stood up, pulling me up with him. "It's fine..I wasn't either.." he smiled. "anyway, where were you going that made you have to be in such a rush, hm?" He asked, brushing sand off me. "I was looking for you, Sora and Kairi...where are they?" I looked over his shoulder to see if they were there, of course, they weren't. "Oh well...I guess it's just us for now.." he smiled and grabbed my wrist, walking towards the smaller island he's always on. We sat on the twisted tree on the island. "What if we sail to the end of the sea...and find new worlds...wouldn't that be great?" He sighed, smiling. I nodded, "yeah...It would..I'd love to just travel with you guys..." Riku reached over me and grabbed one of the fruit off the tree. "You know...what if we travel...but we lose each other along the way..." I looked over at him. "That'd be bad...I don't wanna lose you, you're my best friend..." he smiled and handed me half of the star shaped fruit in his hand. "Well...why don't we make sure that doesn't happen...ever." It took me a second to realize what he meant, and when I did, I blushed lightly. Everyone here knew what would happen...or what was suppose to happen...your destinies would be entwined forever, you had a fate with that person. So, in this case, id have a fate with Riku. "R-really? You want to?" I asked, he laughed at my nervous voice. "Yeah...really." he always has such a smooth voice, never failing to sound perfect. He had already eaten most of his, and nodded at my hand. "Eat up, we have to do it at the same time..not later" he laughed as I ate mine, still shaking with nerves slightly. We finished and he slid off the tree, holding his arms out some and I jumped off, he caught me. "So...destinies entwined with me...how does it feel...amazing, right?" I nodded and wrapped my arms around his neck, he was still holding me from when I jumped out of the tree. "Its getting late...lets go inside..." he never put me down as he Carried me inside. Sora and Kairi were there already.

"Where have you guys been?! And why is Riku carrying you?" Sora asked, tapping his foot impatiently, making me laugh. "Just relaxing, where have you been. Hm?" I asked back at him as Riku set me down. "Um...building the raft." He said, giving me an accusing look. "I'm sorry I wasn't there, I helped earlier!" I smiled and walked up to my room, Riku followed and we sat on my bed. "Hey...thanks for everything today..." he said, looking at the floor. I smiled and sat my head on his shoulder. "Anything for my favorite Riku..."I laughed as he looked over. "There are other Riku's you like? I need to meet them, cause I wanna be your only Riku..." he laughed. "Well I should probably let you sleep...so...good night..." he leaned over and kissed my cheek, I smiled and laid back. "Night, Riku!" I said as he walked out. Nothing couldve made this day better. I woke up later, I figured it was around 1 or 2 am because there was no trace of sun. I heard crashing sounds, and Sora yelling at something outside. I ran out and it was only him, and these weird, black creatures, that seemed to be drawn to him. A few ran after me and I kicked them away before they could do much. "Sora! Where's Riku and Kairi!?!" I yelled, he was focused on killing whatever these were and barely noticed my question. "I-I don't know!!!" He killed another one and ran over, right as I noticed Riku. He was on his smaller island, but he was surrounded by...shadows?...I ran over and managed to get onto it before much happened. "Riku! We have to go!!" He didn't say anything at first as I grabbed his arm. "Come with me...Kairi is with me..." he said, holding his hand out. "Remember? Destinies entwined?" He seemed too calm for this. "It wont hurt you...just come with me...please..." I backed up some, I honestly loved Riku with all my heart, same with Sora and Kairi, id die if I lost even one of them. "Riku please!!! We have to leave now!!!!" He still had his hand out. I reached for his hand but failed as he faded back into the darkness, like the rest of our world was doing. "R-Riku!!!" Sora ran over and pulled me with him as he ran off, our world was being taken over by darkness. "Listen...Riku's gone..." he said, as he hugged me and more of our world faded. "So much for destinies entwined..." he said as we both fell into the shadows.