Part 11

Blake's p.o.v.

She spoke to me and this time she smile when I spoke to her. Something was different in her and I liked it. Not much was said after she said hi, but we walked to class together, I don't have class with her but I wanted to walk with her. It was like we didn't have to speak to have  a conversation.

The school day went by extra slowly, that always happens when your'e anticipating for something to happen. And I couldn't wait to have English with Chanie. I know I said I would quit her but i lied. I cant quit her it's too hard. But the guilt kills me because of Asia, I mean we both know that we aren't a really thing. But if I wanted to end things with her I would just tell her, I wouldn't want to end it because i cheated on her. I needed to talk to Asia.

I walked down he hall and saw Chanie walk into our next class together. She sat in the front of the class and i sat in the back with Lina.  So why was i so excited to see her when we barely even talked in this class? IT was almost like Lina read my mind, she called Chanie and told her to sit next to us. The whole class looked at her as she got up and walked towards us. when she noticed all the attention she was getting it was like she shrunk two sizes, you could tell that she felt so small. And that needed to change. She smile at Lina and when she made eye contact with she looked away quickly as if my eyes burned hers.It worried me but when I saw how red her tan cheeks were I knew that she was just embarrassed and it made me smile even more. 

My thoughts, were interrupted by the bell and class had officially started. The teacher quickly told us to open up our books and to begin reading The Odyssey  by Homer. We weren't really allowed to talk so we passed notes instead. It started with me and Lina figuring out what we were going to do that weekend. And then Lina invited Channel in it and pretty soon it was just me and Chanie talking.

Blake: We need to hang out soon

Chanel: Of course, i'm always free so...

Blake: How can a girl like you ever be "free"

Chanel: I know, I ask my self the same thing. I mean, i'm such a catch!

Blake: How does this weekend sound? My place at 8?

Channel: Perfect.
I could bring something if you want...

Blake: Nah, all I want is your presence.

I was left with the paper and I kept it in my folder, people usually throw these things away but I wanted to keep this for the memories. I was ecstatic other than the fact their was a little problem, Asia.  I needed to talk to her before this weekend. 

School was finally over for the day and I could get something off my chest. I could finally talk to Asia.

The conversation went very well, she took it like a champ in the end, but in the beginning she was a little angry with me. She thought I was joking to see how she would react. She asked me who I was leaving her for and I couldn't answer her, I couldn't tell her because she has a way of making things bigger than they seem. She knew from the beginning that we weren't anything serious and that I would leave her when I found some one. The same rules applied to her. That's why I was relieved she took this well because she knew from the get-go. I just can't help but to wonder what our parents will think. We were almost forced to be together, our parents never told us that we HAD to be together but it was always implied. They grew up together so did me and Asia so I guess it was kind of meant to be.

All I could think of now as what would I tell my parents? How would they react? Would they understand? But decided that I Shouldn't think about what they thought when they were never really in my life anyways. I felt like the only person I could get peace with was Chanel. She never asked questions but it felt like she knew my life. I got in my car, looked in my rear view mirrors as I always do but this time I saw a well dressed, older women walking towards my car, I was really confused but I rolled the window down and stuck my head out.  

"Excuse me, is there something I can help you with Ma'ma? I asked politely

"Um , yes, I-I think there is"... she said nervously.

This small action made me feel differently about the whole "stranger danger" thing.

"Can we go some where different to talk, we're kind of in front of a school where there are a bunch of students dispersing" she requested.

 I, being such a good person took out to a small little cafe near downtown and let her say what ever she had to say. once we arrived there she started off the conversation with...

" Do you know Chanel?"

 I wanted to keep me liking Chanel to myself so I said

 " I know she goes to my school, I guess I see her around some times." 

She looked impatient and slightly rudely replied" I KNOW you guys are at least friends, though I cant decide if you're more than that yet."

Why is she acting like she knows something when I have never met her before? Why does she think i'm the person she should go to be asking about Chanel?

" I assure you we aren't even friends" I say with a smirk on my face. 

She rolled her eyes and she said" Then why did I see her at your house at 2 in the morning one time and why were you parked in front of her house for hours. I didn't come to you for no reason." 

" How did you know all of that? Have you been stalking her? Is any of that you're business? Do I have to all the police because frankly i'm worried for my safety as well as Chanel's. "

" I'm her mother, ok. I've been gone for awhile and i'm trying to come back. I want to know a little about her before I do. "

" That makes a small amount of sense,  why all the mystery though?

" I feel as though she has built a sort of resentment towards me ." she said as her eyes fell to the floor. I saw the pain in her eyes and I immediately felt for her. I saw a blur of emotion for her daughter, an expression I have never seen on my parents face.  

" Talk to her." I said lowering my voice. 

" I will, soon...the timing isn't right and timing is everything." she said. This made me really mad. This was the point in Chanel's life where she needed her mom the most. I mean, Chanel walks around the halls like a ghost, she writes in her journals outside alone, she lives alone, she has no one to confide in , no one to love her unconditionally he way a mother should.  I felt like Chanel's mom was being selfish, she said it wasn't the right time, it probably wasn't...for her! She doesn't deserve Chanel, She had no reason to even leave. If it were my place I would tell her to patch things up with her daughter, but it wasn't my place and it wasn't my business so I couldn't tell Chanel and I couldn't give Chanel's mom any information. 

All these thoughts came at once as my face glazed over and my mind spaced out. When I came back to reality I got up, walked away and looked back to say, "Chanel doesn't deserve or need any more disappointment so if you cant fulfill or exceed her expectations please don't hurt her any further." 

I quickly began looking for my phone in my four pant pockets as I felt the vibration of my phone, some one was calling. I quickly walked out with out looking back at Chanel's mom again. I picked up the phone once I left the cafe and began to speak:

"Hello? Hi Chanel "