The Beginning

I smiled at Michael as he walked into the room, remembering the amazing feeling I got when I touched him and silently fantasized if it would happen again.

He began to speak then however. “Should I go?”  Both Peanut and I said no and he took his place next to my bed. “So Peanut, what do you know about Mr. Michael?”

“I’m hardly a Mr.” Michael said.

Peanut: “Not much really, just that he recently moved here with a few of his buddies at the exact time that your car went over that bridge.” He carefully watched me and I knew that he could tell something was up. Avoiding his eyes I looked out the window to see it was pitch black.

“What time is it?” I asked no one in particular.

“Half-past eleven.” Michael told me looking at a watch he was wearing. Peanuts eyes suddenly bulged, and then he sat up a little straighter.

I covered my hand with my mouth then moved it to coo “OOOOHHHHH!!!! PEANUT IS OUT LATE ON A SCHOOL NIGHT!!!” he shifted uneasily in his seat. “Peanut butter, go home and study hard in school for me so that way, when I come back it will be easy to tutor me.  Now go home and sleep and take lots of notes in class tomorrow.” He nodded and stood up faster than I would have thought possible. He turned to walk out of the door then abruptly stopped made an about face and hugged me awkwardly whispering goodbye, and then leaving.

I lazily turned to Michael who arched an eyebrow at me. “So Mr. Michael…” he sighed. “Tell me about yourself. What brings you to the all too small town of Silver Lakes?”

His grin was childish. “Michael Loach. 19 years of age. I’m originally from the town of Mercury. I recently graduated high school and I’m currently working as an understudy of my father. As for what I’m doing here; some prime real estate just opened up and my family wishes to obtain it. So I’m here scoping out the area making sure it’s what we want and the like.”

“Well let me help you. Not much ever happens here. It’s just a small town with a small amount of people who are all on their best behavior at all times. Not many people come through. It’s prone to animal attacks and if you cause trouble they may or may not try to run you out of town. I’m not sure what you want Old Man Moon’s property for, but I assure you, you could find better elsewhere.”

“Okay, first of all, there seems to be a lot of drama in your quiet little town lately, and second of all how did you know I was looking to buy the Moon land?”

“I’ not really sure what all of this drama is since I’ve been out for so long, but I’m sure it’ll die down soon enough. And Mr. Moon passé shortly before my br- …I had known him. He left his house to me and my friends.”

He looked shocked. “I thought it was free land. I’m so sorry.”

“Oh no, it’s free land…just the house is ours. Everything else he said was left to the next w- person who found it fitting.” Edgar Moon was a very old gypsy who managed to bend the laws of magic and bring out his inner power, which happened to be shape shifting into a wolf. He’s also the reason me and my friends had the “talents” that we did. He saw something in us that he didn’t see in others.

I suddenly registered that Michael was lecturing me about real estate and began to listen again.

And just like that,

Michael Loach walked into my life and changed it forever. 

A/N Vote Fan and Comment for a dedication!