10

Okay, this is really short because the next chapter is going to be in Emilia's point of view but I don't like having more than one point of view per chapter. I get confused easily.

Rebeccas POV

I just stood there, what else could I do?

Daryl was carrying a crying Emilia out of the forest. Andrea had told me that Sophia had come out about half an hour before, she was now hugging onto her mother's legs.

It was an emotional scene, but something was wrong. What had happened while Emilia was gone?

She was struggling against him, trying to go back for something, but what could it be?

"Emilia!" I called out, jolting forwards, wrapping my arms around both her and Daryl. I couldn't bare it anymore. I'd been so worried about her, but here she was. Safe and sound. Okay.

The tears streamed down my face, the relief washing over me. She's okay, she's okay, she's okay was repeated in my mind as "You're okay, you're okay, you're okay." Came out of my mouth in a long slur of words.

Although I couldn't see Daryl's face, not that the expression would show, I knew just how worried about Emilia he was. How worried he still was, but all I could think about was that she was safe. That she was okay. It was all okay.

I felt a hand on my back, but I didn't want to turn. "Come on Becca, give her some space." It was Shane, but his voice wasn't mocking as it usually was, it was soft as he peeled me away and all I could do was hug him back as he held me, crying into him.

I don't know what was wrong with me, I just couldn't hold back the tears. Tears of anger, of joy, of confusion.

It was just a relief.