Chapter 4- Missing Twins And Meeting Sister

-Picture of the twins-

My alarm goes off at 8:00, later than usual. I roll over and press the snooze button, laying on my back and rubbing my eyes awake. Today is the day of the carnival and after last night I'd rather stay home. I have to be there early since I'm the one making sure things are on track. I glance over and see Jill lid down next to me. She must've crawled in bed with me last night. She does that sometimes. She squeezes her way in between Brad and I and she stays there all night. I get out of bed, cover her up and then go downstairs. When I go down to the kitchen I see Kacey sat at the island with Josh and their both eating bowls of cereal. He must've ended up just staying the rest of the night. I expected him to wake up sometime and go on home. Not that I care.

"What's going on down here?" I ask, walking to the coffee maker. My hair probably looks like a mess but I don't even care. 
"Cereal." Kacey says, plopping the spoon in her mouth. I chuckle as she smiles down at the bowl.
"Well why don't you go get dressed and take your cereal with you."

She nods her head and goes upstairs.

"You could've came and woke me. I could've gotten up with her so you could go home." I say, pouring up my coffee.
"You also should've woken me when you came home."
"You looked peaceful." I shrug, sipping the hot drink. Without coffee in the morning I wouldn't be able to function.
"So the carnivals today." He says, finishing his bowl of cereal.
"You're going?" I ask, leaning against the counter.
"Yeah my neice and sister are gonna be there. I haven't seen them since I moved here."
"Well maybe I'll see you there."
"Maybe." He smiles.
He gets off the stool and walks out the back door, leaving me feeling surprisingly happy.

****
The carnival is going great. The girls are playing a game where you throw the bean bag through the hole while Natasha and I watch. She taps my shoulder and points in front of us.

"Look who's here."
I look over to see Brad and Chris, looking around at their surroundings.
"Let's go see daddy." I say to Kacey and Jill. I grab their hands and walk over to them, knowing the girls are gonna see him here at one point or another so we might as well get it over with.

"Hey girls." Brad says, bending down to hug them.
"Hey Chris." I smile, hugging him. Completely ignoring Brad is how I'll get through today.
"Can I take them on a ride?" Brad asks, looking up at me. I simply nod and he takes them away.
Chris and I walk around, making sure everything is going okay. I think this is a good time to tell Chris I'm pregnant. If I don't do it now I might never do it.
"I have something to tell you. And I'm hoping Brad didn't tell you because I wanted to tell you myself." I say, playing with my hands.
"What is it?" He asks.
"I'm pregnant."
"Woah." He says, his eyes opening wide.  "What are you gonna do?"
"Well I'm currently on holiday from my job. My boss learned of what was going on and she told me to take as much time as I need."
"So you have no source of money?"
"Its a paid break. Well it is for a month anyways. I'm just gonna work from home." It's easy to do that when you pretty much have a computer job.  
"Well that's not too bad." He shrugs. 
"No I guess not." 

Brad and the girls clue up their fun time and we all walk around together, buying cotton candy and playing random games. But the night is beginning to close in and it's soon time for us to leave. Were in line to get some French fries when I realize that someone isn't with us.

"Where's Jill?" I ask, beginning to panic.
"I thought you had her." Brad says.
"I thought you were ordering with her." I say, brushing a strand of hair out of my face.
"Okay okay, She has to be here somewhere. Let's split up and look." Natasha says, touching my arm.

I go one way with Brad while Chris and Natasha go one way. We look everywhere with no luck. Thankfully the crowds are beginning to get smaller now and I can see more around me. I text Chris and he has no luck either.

"Theres only so many places she could be." I say, frustration taking over me.
"We're gonna find her." Brad says, going to place his hand on my shoulder.
"Don't touch me." I say, pulling away. A look of hurt flickers on his face but it's slowly pulls away. Right now is not the time for an emotional fight.

The dark has settled in and we still haven't found her, until I see her with Josh. I run to her and pick her up in my arms. Brad's arms wrap around the both of us.

"Don't ever leave us like that again do you understand?" I say sternly, laying her on the ground.
"Okay mommy." She says, her face not even looking fazed by what I just said. Chris, Natasha and Kacey rejoin us and the worry has gone away.
"Thanks for keeping her with you." I say to Josh.
"No problem. She spotted me and that was it." He chuckles. "I tried looking for you but.. And I never did get your phone number so."
"So where's your sister? Did she come after?" I ask.
"Yeah they're in the washrooms."

We wait with him and then after a minute I can hear voices coming out from the washrooms.
"Meghan, this is my sister and her daughter."
I turn around and I almost faint at who I see in front of me.