Chapter 49- Break In and A Stabbing

The very first time I ever cried in front of someone, in front of a boy, was when Brad cheated on me and he showed up at school and did this big apology. In front of everyone, the whole school. I swore after that that day I wouldn't cry in front of anyone any more because I don't need pity.
But here I am today. Sitting in Chris's truck. Crying.

"You gave him to me when you didn't want him. We've taken care of him, gave him a home."  Chris says, placing his hands on the table.  

"I know. I was... Still am in a hard spot. I just had to see him. She who's he's becoming." 
"He's 3. He hasn't became anyone yet."  I blurt out, earning a look from Chris. 

"He doesn't even remember who you are." Chris says, eating a fry. "This was a complete waste of time. Don't contact me, or send us letters anymore. And you're never going to see him. You gave him away for a reason." He says, getting up.

I grab Chris' hand as we walk out of the restaurant. She can't leave Levi with someone and then want to see him again. It doesn't work like that. The whole ride home is silent. I just look out the window the entire time. Levi isn't even my kid and I'm angry over this. I love him like he is my own.

We get home and I bring Briella and Kyson upstairs and put them to bed since they never slept much since we left the house this morning. We didn't bring Levi to see his mom. We decided against it since he's doing so much better without her. I go into the bedroom and pull the covers back on the bed. I crawl onto the bed and pull them up to my chin. Chris went out for the after noon, probably with Brad which I can understand. I just need to sleep today away even though it's the afternoon.

* * * *

I wake up in the middle of the to the sound of a glass breaking downstairs. I jolt up, Chris coming up with me. He gets out of bed and turns on the lamp.

"Chris the kids." I say, looking at him.

"Stay here." He says, opening the door and going down the hall. The dog follows him down, his nose never leaving the ground. Chris must be crazy if he thinks I'm gonna stay here. I get out of bed and follow him down. He turns on all the lights but I don't see anything. Chris goes to the front door while I go into the kitchen. There's a glass broken on the floor and a fork next to it. I look up onto the counter and see 2 plates on the island and a flower placed on one of them. Next to one of the plates is a container. I bet you can guess what's in it. I yell for Chris and he comes in.

"It was her." I say, pointing to the scene in front of me. He puts a hand on my shoulder, turning me to him.

"Go back upstairs and I'll take care of it." He says, kissing my forehead before letting me go.

She's officially psycho.

* * * *

I can't get back to sleep after an hour of trying so I turn the tv on and watch a movie. It's 3 in the morning so all the kids are still asleep. Chris still hasn't come upstairs and I don't hear any sounds coming from down there. With the dog around me though I feel safe. I mute the tv, listening for any signs of movement. I hear a door slam and then a truck start. I jump out of bed and go to the window. I grab my phone off the night stand, my whole body shaking.

M- Don't do anything stupid.
C- I'm taking care of this problem.
M- Just go to the police.
C- I brought this mess into the house, I'm gonna deal with it myself.

* * * *

~Chris's POV~

The only thing I can think of doing is threatening her but that'll just come back to bite me in the ass. I'm just gonna go to the house and talk some sense into her. I pull into the driveway and go to the front door, banging on it. Thankfully she's the only one home as she told Meghan. When she doesn't answer I open it myself. It's my house technically so I'm allowed inside. I look around the bottom floor but see nothing. I go upstairs and down to the room I know is hers. I place my hand on the handle and push it open. I flick the light on and see it empty. The bed is made perfectly and there isn't a hair out of place. On the wall by the window though, that's terrifying. She has pictures of Meghan on the wall and then pictures of me on there. Pictures I took with Meghan but with Alana's face on them.

"What are you doing in here?" Her voice booms behind me. I turn around and see her stood there, a shocked look on her face.

"You need to leave us alone." I say, not moving.

"But, your supposed to be with me." She says, stepping closer to me.

"I'm meant to be with Meghan!" I yell. "Get that in your head!" She walks up to me, wrapping her arms around me. I don't try to push away because I don't wanna anger her more.

"Don't you just wanna be close to me?" She asks, laying her head on my chest.

"No." I say, pushing her away. She looks at me with the most cruel face I've ever seen and then it hits me. A pain in my side that hurts more than any pain I've ever felt.

"I just wanna be with you." She says before running out of the room.

* * * *

5 in the morning and Chris still isn't back. The kids won't be up for 2 more hours so I have some time to sit in bed and just imagine all the things happening to Chris right now. I'm imagining the worst when I hear the doorbell ring. I jump out of bed and go downstairs. I open the front door and see a police officer stood there. He tells me Chris has been hurt and he's gonna bring me to the hospital right away and on the way he has some questions to ask me. Macy comes over and watches the kids, telling me to take all the time I need and she's free all day.
I get to the hospital and see Chris lid in a hospital bed. The police told me he was stabbed and that they haven't found Alana but their putting out a search for her. She's probably scared, they told me, she'll make a mistake. I doubt it. She's come this far without making one.

Chris still isn't awake after an hour so I grab a coffee and sit outside his room. I'm moving around in the chair when a bunch of nurses run into Chris's room. As soon as they open the door  can hear his heart monitor beeping.

He has no pulse.