The Book of Lily

A/N:

This is a preview of Lily's life before their great adventure.

The song in the media is Where Did Jesus Go? By The Pretty Reckless sung by the actor of Lily. It is an outline of how Lily felt and what place she was in before reuniting with her old friends.

Comment and vote if you like.

Lily sat against the white empty wall of her apartment that stood stood in the dirty and dangerous part of the city Bathsabar.

In her hand was a knife. She looked at her slit wrists and cried. 

She recalled how she had bought this apartment to spite her father. Now, she was glad she had the place away from all the glitz and richness that her life was stitched together with.

Wiping away her tears with a sniff, she smeared blood on her cheek. She got up, putting the knife in the sink that adjoined the living room. She looked up at the place that  was barren and unfurnished, her dark eye make up smeared from tears.

Her mind continued to drift. That was what brought the knife to her skin after all. She promised Dalila she would stop, but she was just so angry with her father. He had left her once more on a "business" trip with his friends and associates. He didn't even tell her! All Lily wanted was for him to notice her, accept her! But, he just pushed her aside, becoming bigger and bigger in his businesses and political status; climbing the ladder of of grown up popularity and worldly success.

When the normal things that fathers noticed about their children didn't work, Lily went on a craze. She remembered how it started out with partying, and then drinking, and then the way she dressed changed. Then, she was introduced to drugs, and she became more and more acquainted with the more devious ones. Though she would never admit it, she did it to gain attention from- someone; anyone that cared somewhat. But, all she gained were sneers from the higher society.

Then, she went to the Dalila's coming of age party. Lily recalled how she had met the girl at one of their boarding schools. How they became fast friends. Dalila was the freak because of her eyes and high status, and she was quiet and shy. They both were raised by single, busy parents. They once fantasized about their parents marrying and them becoming sisters. When the bubbly seven year old had come to play with her at the playground, Lily's life immediately brightened. Her father finally looked at her. She had become best friends with an Empress's daughter. But, it was the fact that Dalila was always there for her unless her duties got in the way.

When they met at the party, Dalila could see how much Lily had changed from boarding school. How anorexia had taken her toll. Oh, Lily missed Ana. Lily wore a dark, black velvet dress to the party with crazy stilettos and insane gold jewelery. A crazy neck line that went above her belly button. She flirted with the old stuffy men at the party to make the other guests uncomfortable and to be rude. It was wicked fun.

Dalila soon made it her mission to help her. Lily was happy that someone finally noticed her. She just wasn't ready for what it would cost. Dalila had her going to rehabs and all sorts of things, willing her to get better and become better.

And yet, Lily had just slit her wrists again. Why is it so hard? She wondered. But, she knew the reason. She hadn't gotten rid of her other friends.

"Depressa, I am so tired of ending up in the same place because of you! Leave me alone!" Lily screamed at the empty room in front of her. She picked up a glass and through it at the empty room. "Get out of here!" she screeched. "You too, Heroica. You still linger here. I don't want any more. No more injections." She broke down in tears and fell onto the counter, sliding against the cabinets.