Chapter 15 Snowflakes in Reverse

At the time, she hadn't really understood Lorelei's words that, in some senses, beauty could be a weapon of it's own – something that could wilt the will of others. But now, as she stood gazing at her reflection in the bathroom mirror of the room that Apollo had helped acquire for them, his words started to make a little more sense.

It had merely been out of curiosity that she'd slipped on Diana's dress. She hadn't nearly expected the dress to fit; somehow, she'd presumed her and a queen would never be able to share even the same clothes. But the reality was that the dress might as well have been tailored specifically for her. That white floral lace flowed around her figure as if it had been sculpted on. A woman with black ringlets of hair and a figure that curved like an "S" stared back at her – someone who felt like an entirely different person to the girl marked for slaughter with the crown of flowers upon her head.

Touching her fingers to the glass, she felt fierce. Like she really did have the blood of a goddess flowing through her veins. Wearing a queen's dress was empowering; she really felt like could wear this dress to battle a god and emerge victorious.

She found herself liking the dress entirely because Apollo said white didn't suit her.

What ever happened tonight, whether it be a clash with Xavier or Apollo himself, she felt appropriately dressed to face her own destiny.

There was a knock on the bathroom door.

"Winter, are you all right in there?" came Tamer's voice.

She sighed. There was no way she could talk to Apollo with Tamer being there – her body's unholy reaction to the sun god would make the matter extremely uncomfortable. They had so little time together, but her opposite in every matter, somehow, she knew Apollo was a foe she was going to have to face alone.

"I'm fine," she replied. "I was just trying on a dress Lorelei gave me." She paused. "I think... I think I might actually like to go to the dance tonight."

She no longer cared. She doubted Xavier would attack in a crowd of people, and if he did well... it was going to happen anyway. She knew he wasn't the type to harm humans from his disdain to their relationship and the dangers that came with it.

"Hmm?" Even without seeing him she could hear the eagerness in his voice. He probably had that devious smile on his face as he often did when he thought of her in a way that pleased him. "All right then. I'll leave you to it."

She opened the door. It seemed as though Tamer's gaze had already wandered down her body before he even had a moment to remind himself not to. Winter laughed; Tamer met her eyes once again.

“How do I look?” she said, spreading her arms wide.

The noise Tamer made was half chuckle half groan. His hands followed those curves lavishly, nearly devouring her with his hands.

"Winter," Tamer called, the side of his face brushing hers as he spoke into her ear, "You don't like to make it easy do you?"
Those rugged hands indulging her body were hypnotic – if it went on a little longer she had a feeling she was going to be pinned down onto that bed.

"It's a beautiful dress, isn't it?" she teased.

"Yes, it is," Tamer purred. His voice turned rugged – a panther to a wolf in a matter of moments. "It's a shame that I have an unholy desire to rip it to shreds.”

She blushed. He wasn't joking. He sharpened his nails a little just to lightly trace them down her sides. She didn't know what to say. While she was trying to think of some snarky retort, Tamer's arms encircled her and pressed her hard against his chest. His lips were soft as silk as they brushed her neck, showering her in little kisses as soft as the flutter of butterfly wings. His voice touched her as a sultry blossom of warmth, sending desire panging within her insides,"You look really pretty."
>8
Winter panted. She groaned as Tamer chuckled and nibbled her earlobe.