Chapter 11 The Fate Of The Goddess

Sorry about the crapiness of this chapter, I wasn't in a good place when I wrote it and I haven't had the time to fix it yet.

She was panting, literally dripping in sweat by the time she managed to drag Lorelei home, arm trembling under the strain as of placing him on the sofa.

It appeared he was studying something. All around them were bookshelves, absolutely brimming, barely any space of wall visible. The room was cluttered, diagrams of wolves lining the walls. Whoever this was, they were extremely well read. Upon his desk, paper packed with cursive handwriting was literally overflowing onto the floor, open books littered around them.

Examining him, she found herself curious about Lorelei, someone who was supposed to be Tamer's friend, but for some reason, she hadn't met before. Tamer had called them a he, but he had a rather petite frame that was light enough for even her to carry.

This person was alsl supposedly immortal, but he didn't present in any old fashioned away. In fact, she would have said his style seemed quite modern - at the very least, it wasn't a style she'd seen before. He wore pants, but they weren't baggy like she was used to seeing on men. There was a red waistcoat with boxed shoulder-pads that made his shoulders appear broader, and ruffled open-collared shirt that was unbuttoned to show a dip of his collarbones. In the position he was on the couch, there was a peek of what appeared to be something wrapped around his chest.

Is that a bandage? Winter thought. Did he hurt himself?

She noticed he had a very delicate face, lounging upon the sofa with the dainty kind of beauty like someone out of a classical painting, long hair like threads of gold tumbling over his shoulder.

Curiosity sated, Winter wandered to his desk, examining the diagrams of wolves.

She heard him groan. She bolted away from his desk, not wanting to pry. Not long after, his long eyelashes fluttered.

He sat up, shirt, blinking his eyes with a shake of his head.

"How...?"

His eyes landed on Winter. They lit up immediately.

"You must be the famous Winter I've been hearing so much about!" He was so excited he didn't even question how he got here and how. Voice brimming with enthusiasm, he ran over, shaking her hand a million miles a minute. "I'm such a big fan of your work!"

"H-hello, Lorelei! Thank you!" Double-taking, she shook her head. "Wait, what work?"

Lorelei's expression softened. "I love that Tamer's always smiling when talking about you!"

Winter blushed. "You love his smile too?"

"Yes!" Lorelei beamed. "I would start a religion based entirely upon it!"

She nodded repeatedly very fast. "I understand; his pure, genuine smile, it like a ray of golden sunlight."

Lorelei frowned. "That being said, he is determined to bare a very heavy burden alone. I worry that he has no-one to confide in because of his own selfless nature - it's certainly not your fault, that's just the way he is." Lorelei touched his heart. "I'd like to become someone who he feels he can talk to about his own troubles. Someone that can ease his burden."

Winter felt a tinge of sadness. She wanted to be the one who could comfort Tamer best, but instead she was burdening him. The other night in the lake meant a lot to her because she felt for one of the first times Tamer was starting to communicate to her about his own feelings, but Lorelei seemed to understand Tamer very well. It made her a bit uneasy. There could be someone Tamer could be more comfortable, or could be comforted by talking about his feelings than with her.