Chapter 13 The Sun Dance Festival

Winter heard the sound of a door click. Her and Lorelei both glanced over from where they sat, and saw Tamer enter the room.

Winter's heart was a riot. Flushed, she couldn't immediately calm herself after hearing Lorelei's words; she was still undeniably nervous, especially after being confronted with Tamer so soon after speaking of matters he wasn't supposed to hear.

There could be the soul of the dead goddess inside her. How was she supposed to react to that?

"Why is it so hot?" Tamer muttered, rubbing at the back of his neck. He appeared to have taken another dip to wash the sweat from his skin. Dewdrops of water trailed down the intents of his neck and down the open buttons of his shirt. Chest gently heaving, he leaned himself against the frame of the doorway.

Lorelei differed. He grinned wryly at the sight of him, as if they hadn't been talking about things that could get a person executed.

"Winter," Tamer said, nodding to the blond person. "Who is this random standing in Lorelei's living room?"

"What?!" Her heart began to pound as she glanced between them. "Y-you mean this isn't Lore -"

"No Winter, this appears to be some random weirdo you've found in the woods."

"Very funny Tamer," Lorelei mused. "You always were a charmingly devious little chihuahua, weren't you?"

"Ah Lorelei." Tamer folded his arms. "I didn't recognize you with a woman standing next to you."

Lorelei grinned. He whispered so only she could hear. She nodded as Lorelei muttered his intentions, rather interested to see how Tamer would react to being teased. Tamer frowned.
Lorelei took her hand and kissed it.

"Oh, quite to the contrary, my peculiar Pomeranian." His dazzling blue eyes caught Tamer's as he pulled her as he pulled into his arms and gave her a friendly hug. "Gender has always been an irrelevant subject to one such as me. When you have lived this long, such matters become trivial. A rose by any other name would still smell as sweet, would it not?"

"W-what?" Tamer stumbled, his face heating.

As Lorelei released her he grinned, leaning to whisper in her ear, "look at him, Winter. Look at the adorable flustered look on his face as he tries to figure out whether to perceive me as a threat or not."

Graciously, Lorelei extended an arm and beckoned Tamer with a movement of his finger. "Come, my promiscuous poodle. You needn't be jealous."

Much to her utter disbelief, Tamer trudged toward them with his head bowed. Lorelei wrapped his free arm around him, proceeding to pat both of them on the head.

"There, there. I have enough love for everyone."

It went on for a few moments.

"Okay, that's enough!" Tamer spat, finally breaking away from the bizarre hold.

Lorelei folded his arms. "It took only two seconds you know."

"Two seconds until what?"

Lorelei gestured to the bare skin of Tamer's torso, lazily visible from the unbuttoned fabric of his shirt.

"Two seconds until you started taking your shirt off within my house. That's a new record."

"One minute," Tamer retorted.

"One minute until what?"

"One minute until I got into the house and already want to kill Lorelei."

Lorelei laughed.