Bestitos

Chapter 10

Skateboarding to the venue only took me 10 minutes so I'm 5 minutes early. Crap. Now I have to stand next to a bunch of teenage girls yelling about how much they want to fuck my dad! I walk to the back of the queue and luckily, Damon is there.

"Hey!" I say, giving him a hug

"Hey" he reply while hugging me.
"Thanks so much for the tickets! Here's some money for them" he says while handing me a wad of cash.

"What?! No Damon I don't want that! I got them for free" I tell him while pushing the money back into his hands

"What? How?" He questions

"I know a guy" I laugh and wink at him. "Give me your wrist" I demand

"Why..?" He asks but sticks his wrist out regardless.

I strap a wrist band around him and we push our way to the front of the queue. I show the security guard our wrist bands and they let us both into the venue. We walk to the front and wait by the barrier.

"How did you do that?" Damon says puzzled.

"I told you, I know a guy!" I laugh and wink again.

He leaves it at that and continues to thank me until the rest of the crowd are allowed in, they push and shove like a bitch while trying to get to the front and my body gets crushed into the barrier.
••••••••••

The intro for bestitos started and the crowd screams

"YOU'RE MY FAVOURITE EXPLOSION!" We sang

Damon was screaming at the top of his lungs. At one point, I thought there were tears falling down his face! Woah he's a real fangirl! I can't blame him though, I was the same at the Of Mice & Men concert.
I feel the music pulsing through my veins and the bass line shakes the floor, the guitar riffs echo in my ears while the drums keep me dancing in time. Over all the noise, the only thing I want to hear is my dad singing. He seems so content up on the stage and like he has no worries. I remember him telling me earlier about why he started music. He was a bank accountant previously but he hardly earned any money. His boss was an absolute jack ass who ripped him off. He even made him come in on weekends without extra pay! Who does that?
The reason he left was because his boss fired him. Apparently he had to come into work the day after I went missing. One day. One day to recover. Since he spent his whole day searching for me, he was fired.
Luckily, dad used all this spare time for something productive. When he wasn't searching, he started pouring his heart out and turning his feelings into lyrics. The band was signed pretty quickly and they started doing small shows around the area but I remember dad would say that music was his escape. When he was on stage he would forget about the pain and suffering from the real world and that is a beautiful thing, how something so small can make you feel so much better.

Since it's only a small local show, they only play 5 songs but it's amazing none the less. They played
• bestitos
•southern constellations/the boy who could fly
•bullet proof love
•stained glass eyes
•disasterology

Which are some of my favourite songs! Unfortunately the show was over really quickly and I had to say goodbye to Damon which I have to say, I'm not happy out!
These Americans are making me go crazy! With their sweet pancakes and how they drive on the wrong side of the road! He gets me. We hug goodbye and he leaves the venue, even though we're close friends now, I'm still not ready for him to meet my family... So I lied and pretended to need the toilet until he left and then I snuck back out and backstage.
I walk into the room backstage and greet everyone.
Dad goes in for a hug but he's all sweaty and gross.

"Eww no dad you're all sweaty!" I complain

With that, the rest of the guys jump up to hug me. Again, gross.
Considering these grown men are all surrounding me and a lot stronger than me, I can't escape their hug.
Shit. I can't escape. I don't want to let go of them but the fact that i don't have a choice makes me feel sick. Being surrounded by lots of men who are stronger than me brings back horrible memories. The room is spinning and I feel immensely dizzy and before I know it, everything goes black.

AUTHORS NOTE
Okay guys I'm so sorry for not updating and to be honest I haven't even checked this properly so if you see any mistakes just let me know, I have a 6 week holiday now so I get more time to write so there'll be a lot more updates now :)