Chapter Nineteen: Maybe Not

Chapter 19: Maybe Not

*Harry's Point of View*

Oh look at the two lovebirds out there on the lawn. So cute. So flipping cute.

I just can't believe they dated... When?

Oh wait, I remember.

Another tear fell down my cheek as I remembered the day Kelsey had come back from Paris so many years ago.

***Flashback***

"Kelsey?"

"Yeah, Harry?"

This is it. It's now or never.

"I've been wanting to ask you this since the day I met you, will you be my girlfriend?"

She tensed and sat up, and let go of my

hand.

She was silent for a few moments, thinking over her reply.

"Well, um, Harry, if I be completely honest with you will you not get mad at me?" she asked. She looked scared.

"Uh, yeah.. Sure?" I know what she's gonna say. Probably something like, 'I've never liked you, it was all in your head.' God, rejection is a terrible thing.

"Okay, promise?" She said with hopeful eyes.

"Yeah, promise." I said, becoming annoyed. My gosh, just hurry up and tell me you hate me already!

"Well I met this guy back in London..." she paused to see my reaction.

Okay, so I've been replaced... but she's not really replacing me because she was never mine? Or I was never hers?

I don't know, god dammit.

"... His name is Louis. He's sixteen and he's from Doncaster, he was there with his family on vacation also, but as he and I began talking more he told me that his family was wanting to move to a more calmer town, and I told him about this place... God, I'm sorry I'm just rambling. Anyways, there's a house down the street that his family is looking at, and I really like him but I..." she stopped, looking puzzled, "I don't know Haz, I like you too. I just- I haven't- Damn. I don't know," she said with a small laugh, "Can we please just wait about that stuff right now and just, ya know, be friends? Like we used to? I know I left on a bad foot, I'm sorry, I really am. But please- can we be friends again?" she said as tears streamed down her cheeks.

***End of Flashback***

That's it. She met him in Paris. Lou never told me he went to Paris, but I'm feeling that Lou hasn't been telling me a lot lately.

Why am I so mad anyways?

That was a long time ago. People move on.. well I didn't, but that's beside the point.

Why didn't he ever mention her? Did he know it was the same girl? That hurts. Especially if he knew it was Kelsey.

I wish I would've known.

Why didn't I ever ask?

My god, Harry. That was the stupidest thought you have ever had.

Why the hell would I have just randomly said, "Oh hey Lou, did you ever date Kelsey Moore?" Seriously? And what are the odds...

I looked back out the window to see Louis helping Kelsey into his car, closing the door for her, and jumping into the driver's seat with a smile plastered onto his face.

This is bullshit.

He knows what he's doing. I just know it. Well he's not gonna win without a fight, best friend or not. I won't let go that easily.