Chapter Twenty Two - It Must Have Been Love - Split POV's

Jackson POV

I closed the door and gasped for air. Seeing her like that hurt, and I knew that for her it was a million times worse; but I couldn't handle it.

I was weak, I thought I had helped her, but I made it worse. I'd dealt with the Hana thing poorly. I had pushed her away... pushed her down the hill of shit she was trying to climb. I had sent her all the way back down to the bottom.

I was still angry, but now I wasn't exactly sure why. One thing was for sure, her health was paramount. I was detrimental to her now. Despite our love and despite that night, I had to let her go, I had to let her get better.

I walked back across to my room and flopped on my bed. Going to the movies with the others had lost all appeal, not that I'd been that in to the idea in the first place, but after Kylie found out about Daniel she had called me straight away. I guess I should have been thankful for good friends, but right now I just wanted to write. I sent a text off to Kylie and switched my phone off. I knew she'd call and attempt to change my mind. I just wasn't in the right frame of mind to argue.

I picked up my laptop and opened it. The words spilled from my fingertips like they were on the tip of all my thought processes. It was about Amber, as I knew would be.

I would fix you with a magic wand, or a wishing tree

If it were up to me,

I would love you for million years or eternity

If it were up to me,

The truth is now I know what you need and way we feel,

Are two different things

I can't watch you fly, when you've got broken wings.

I want you to fly and feel the weightlessness it brings

I meant what I said, I'll always be here

I stand by my word, because I'll always care

But I want you to be better

And right now, you're better without me.

I would lock my heart and give you the only key

If it were up to me

I would shelter you from the pain life can bring

If it were up to me

The truth is now were apart you can breath

And learn to see without me

I can't watch you fly, when you've got broken wings.

I want you to fly and feel the weightlessness it brings

I meant what I said, I'll always be here

I stand by my word, because I'll always care

But I want you to be better

And right now, you're better without me

I picked up my guitar and started playing the tune I already had in my head. It was soft and delicate, but still had a degree of rock behind it. I saved the file as "For Amber" then closed it.