15.Awake.

Tyson laid there and blinked up at the ceiling blankly, his mind was in a state of perfect nothingness.

Then with a sudden jerk, he fell off the bed with a loud thump. The IV was ripped from his arms without him even knowing it was there.

In an instant, his mind was bombarded with fear and panic. Where was he? What happened? His eyes darted around the room and settled in silent shock at his own hands. They were small kid's hands. What the hell? Tyson twitched the fingers and fisted the hands. Yep, definitely his.

What. The. Fuck?

Approaching footsteps quickly bought him out of his confusion and back into full panic mode. There wasn’t enough time to escape out the closed window, though he didn’t think he had the strength to do so anyway. With nowhere to run or hide, he pressed his small form tightly against the corner made by the bed and wall. He couldn’t stop the shaking of his body as the door cracked open, so he hid his face in his arms. He was going to get hurt again. He just knew it.

Keith had been startled awake by the loud thump upstairs, for one terrible second, he thought Hibie had fallen off her bed again. Then he remembered the boy. Rushing up the stairs as quietly as possible so as not to wake the rest, he arrived at the guest room and gently opened the door. The empty bed was flooded in moonlight, the boy had woken up. Opening the door further, Keith stepped into the room and looked around; he could smell the fear like it was a thick fog. His eyes finally found the little kid in the corner, thin frail arms hugging onto his knees as if his life depended on it. The small trembling form revealed how frightened he was.

“Hey little guy, don’t be scared.” Keith cooed softly and kneeled down so his height wouldn’t be so intimating.

The boy froze at his voice, as if he was too petrified to even quiver in fear.

Summoning forth his magic, the unicorn sent a feeling of calmness to the boy, covering him like a blanket. It was night time and his magic sometimes doesn’t affect certain creatures, so he really hoped the boy wasn’t one of those. But luckily, after another moment of silence, Keith noted the more relaxed arms and posture of the boy. So he tried again, this time edging a bit closer, “My name is Keith, I’m a unicorn. I won’t hurt you...”

Unicorn? Tyson racked his brain for the last time he met a unicorn, um, never. Without thinking, he raised his head slightly and peeked through his bangs at the guy who claimed to be a mystical horse with horn. The man looked human though. The boy raised his head a bit more and sniffed the air once. Okay, so maybe the guy did smell like grass and well, however one would describe the scent of horses and deer. His stomach rumbled at the thought of food, he had always liked deer meat when he went hunting as wolf.

Oh god, his wolf...

Tyson suddenly remembered that he no longer have his beast anymore. Actually, he no longer had anything anymore.

He had lost everything.

Keith watched as the boy sniffed the air, and cringed inwardly when he heard the stomach’s growl of hunger. Typical carnivores. But what the man didn’t expect was the boy’s frightened suspicious eyes to suddenly begin tearing up; his breathing quickened and there was a heartbroken expression on his face. Was he that hungry? Keith knew how to handle little human girls, but throw him a little carnivorous beast boy, and he was rendered completely clueless. “H-hey, don’t cry kid. Are you hungry? I can get you some food.”

The boy hugged himself tightly, as if he couldn’t hear the man’s words. His sharp nails dug into his arms and started clawing at it, as if there was something underneath his skin that he wanted to scratch out.