Escape

I woke up about ten minutes earlier, again, and quickly realized that I was in the same cage as earlier. I sighed loudly; John heard me and turned his head. He was standing over the unconscious body of one of the aliens. He held a finger to his lips, signaling me to stay quiet as he pulled the thing across the floor. Soon enough, he and the alien both disappeared. It looked as if John stepped out of somewhere. He took a metal rod out from the pocket on the inside of his jacket and walked towards the cage that held me prisoner. An electric buzz escaped the device and the lock clicked open. I walked out and stretched. "It's cramped in there" I said quietly and with a smile. He smiled back at me and adjusted the metal rod. The end glowed green and four(or three. I couldn't properly see them) metal claws shot out. It made the sound again and John pointed it towards the space where he had placed the beings. A small compact ship appeared in its place. A hologram projected itself from the tip of the ship and began to count down from five. When the projection reached zero, the ship disappeared.  

"Where did it go?" I asked John 

"Deep space" he replied "I installed a setting that would prevent them from ever landing on Earth again, you're safe" he added. I had so many questions. John seemed to notice most of them.  

"Yes they were aliens. They come from a planet named 'Ignust'. They're called voltains and one touch from one puts you under, as you know. They have an electric current running through them" He explained. "Now I have a question for you. How did you get inside the TARDIS?"  

"It just opened for me" I replied. He looked at me quizzically but dropped the subject.  

"I would assume you need a ride home then?" he asked, kindly. I nodded and he led me towards the large blue police box. He stared me down as I entered, taking in the whole bigger on the inside thing.  

"Go ahead, say it" he said with some enthusiasm. I looked at him with wide eyes and the light caught the whole place perfectly. My mouth dropped and I remembered why this whole situation felt so repetitive.  

"I've seen this before" John looked at me in surprise "In a dream. I used to dream about a place like this for years" He continued to stare at me as I walked around the place. I knew exactly what everything was for but I didn't realize it yet. I walked up to the center console and stroked my hand over it. John looked at me with disbelief, like he couldn't find his words.  

"John this is crazy. I've seen this all to often" That sentence seemed to snap him back into focus. He stuck his hand out to me for a handshake.  

"John is such a boring name" he said, jokingly, "Call me the Doctor" 

"Who?" 

"Just the Doctor" I took his hand and shook it firmly. Then I remembered where we were going and what was going to happen when I got there. I sighed a put my hands to my forehead.  

"What's wrong?" the Doctor asked. 

"I don't have the money to pay my rent," I explained, "Which means by tomorrow morning, I will be homeless" The Doctor looked at me with sympathy and then brightened up as an idea crossed into his head.  

"Why don't you come with me, screwdriver girl?" I chuckled at the nickname.  

"Will it always be this insane?" I asked, curious. It seemed like everything around me was calling my name begging me to stay. The Doctor looked at me hopefully. He did seem quite lonely, like he needed someone with him. I thought about it for a few second but everything was drawing me in. I remembered the conversation we had earlier in the day. It could work. Traveling around with a strange man. I realized that this was what I needed, a way to get away from what was my life at the moment.  

"Did I mention that this machine can go through time and space. That's what TARDIS stands for-" he said interrupting my thoughts  

"Time and Relative Dimension in Space" We said at the same time. We looked at each other, amazed. How did I know that? But that very question made up my mind.  

"Yes, I'll come with you".

THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE POSTED LATER TODAY OR TOMORROW. COMMENT IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS ABOUT ANY FUTURE ADVENTURES OR EVEN RANDOM IDEAS.

HINT FOR NEXT CHAPTER: "HOTEL CALIFORNIA" BY THE EAGLES