Chapter 28 Truth's Reveal

Monday, July 31, 2006 at 11:58 a.m

Ray

        I'm still at Prod's house sitting on the bed in the guestroom watching this show called The Bernie Mac Show. Prod went back to work leaving me here alone and bored, but he said I could drive the Camaro if I needed so that wasn't bad at all. Honestly, right now I want to see Kye. I believe he's still here since the case is not over yet. But I don't want to see him because I'm bored, I want to see him because I think it's time to tell the whole about me and where I came from. After talking to Roc yesterday and how he finally told me about his crush on me, I realized he waited until death to tell me. Usually people don't have that opportunity, but luckily he did. But for me I may not have that and I want to tell Kye before it's too late because I never know when one of us is going to be gone the next day.

        I look at time and see it's only three minutes past noon. It's lunch time right now so maybe that's where he's heading. I picked up my phone and looked in the contacts for Kye's name before clicking it and pressing the phone to my ear. I finally hear his voice on the second ring.

        "Hello?" his gruff voice answered which I admit was hot and made me hot.

        "Hey, Kye," I said.

       "Hey, Ray. How are you?" 

       "I'm great, baby. How are you and how's the case?" 

       "I'm good, baby. The case is almost over, thank goodness. The case should end tomorrow and as much as I would like to tell you our decision, I can't. 

       "Aww, well that's okay I can understand," I said smiling a bit just because I'm talking to him. "Uh, Kye, there's something I need to talk to you about."

       I heard him adjust in what sounded like his seat before answering. "Ray, is everything alright?"

       "Yeah, everything's fine. I just need to talk to you about something very important."

       "Okay, well we I get back we can talk okay?"

       I sighed. "Um, I was kind of hoping we could talk later since...I'm in New York."

       "WHAT?!" he exclaimed and continued. "Ray, how-why are in New York? Where are you? Do I need to come get you? What hotel are you stay-"

       I laughed at how Kye started to panic. "Kye, calm down. I'm staying with a friend and I came because I wanted to spend time with him." In my mind, that wasn't a complete lie so I was fine. 

       "So how did you get to New York?" he asked.

       "I came on my friend's jet."

       "Oh well look at you." I blushed. "You have something to tell me, okay we can talk about this over dinner even though I'm about to head to lunch right now, but I won't have enough time." 

       "Dinner's fine. What time do you get off work?" I ask.

       "I get off at five so how about seven? I'll pick you up at your friend's house and then I'll take you somewhere."

       "That sounds fine with me. Let me give you the address." I gave Kye Prod's address and after we said goodbye with only about seven hours remaining until we meet up so I can finally tell him the truth. I feel like this is the best thing for me, but I hope when I tell him this night doesn't turn ugly. 

~*~

6:59 p.m.'

       I take a look in the mirror one more time putting my hair into a bun and straightening out my shirt and my pants. I really didn't bring anything too fancy so I stuck with a short-sleeved button up shirt, a pair of dark jeans, and black tennis shoes. Prod's been here for about two hours and I already told him where I was going. He didn't seem too happy about it, but he really can't talk.