Chapter 11

Oh, it felt so good being in your arms my love. How I missed the strength of your comforting arms.

Chase, I love you so much. Damn you!

Five days and counting, one hundred and twenty hours and counting,

How many minutes would that be?

Oh Shut up Sidney!

Damn Sidney! You sure know how to set a man up for a heart attack.

He could have loaded that software any of the days prior in the week, why the hell did he choose to visit her early in the bloody morning? The reason was, he had been wrestling with whether he wanted to have visual contact with her or not. In the end he decided he could not leave without seeing her first.

This time he had no choice, he had to go to Argentina. The project manager was involved in an underground accident. Luckily he escaped with very minor injuries. But there was no way he could leave the project in anybody else's hands. He had to go and do damage control what with the project manager booked off for a week. Chase had to assess the situation there.

Chase called her that night. He informed her of the accident and the situation there. He also approved her budget overrun for the week and authorized her to go ahead. Occasionally in some project phases, incidental expenditure necessitated budget overruns.

Sidney felt lonely without Chase around. She wondered how she would have survived if he was not part of the project and had stayed permanently back home. Would she have forgotten him? Could she have been cured of the love she felt for him. Every morning she was first, bright and early on site. She was the last to leave. She did not go to the palace. She did not go out on the boat.

She spent every night close to her laptop and phone incase Chase called. But every night she went to bed sad, lonely, and miserable. She thought about the night he had made their dinner. He looked so adorable, so out of depth in a kitchen. He was quite the antithesis this man of hers. He was the eternal bully and rode rough shod over her in just about every area of their lives, and yet amazingly in this one area, he felt vulnerable at having the weakness at been inept in the kitchen. She took out the huge panda he had won at the fair, and placed it in the bed next to her. She wrapped her arms around it snuggling up close to the comforting bear.

Chase, my darling, I love you so much.

Sidney awoke the next morning with mixed emotions. Chase said five days, so technically that was today. But she dare not get too excited, the last time he left her, he had extended his stay in Australia, so she dare not hope, she may see his gorgeous, adorable, handsome face at any time today.

Besides, hello! You are not together anymore!

Sidney heard giggling outside and knew the two young helpers had come to spring clean her apartment. She kept it pretty tidy, always cleaning up after herself, but the young ladies still came in every morning to scrub and dust the place for her. The one thing she appreciated was the laundry service. She could kiss them for that, instead she always left them generous tips for the dreaded laundry task. She picked up her lap top, travel mug filled with coffee in the other hand and she quickly made to leave, before they could detain her to chat endlessly.

'Sidney, good morning,' she gripped the mug tightly before it could slip from her hand, she swallowed.

'Chase, you're back!'

'Don't be so enthusiastic now,' he teased.

'I__ sorry, I was not sure, when exactly today were you expected back,' she just stared at him.