Chapter 5

'You still live here?' Riko tossed without preamble looking down her nose at Sidney sipping a mug of filter coffee in the kitchen.

'Very funny,' Sidney replied without a smile.

'Where is handsome Chase Rennard?'

Sidney looked at her watch. His plane would have taken off an hour ago, he could be over French airspace right now.

'Sidney?'

'On his way to Australia,' she gritted her teeth as she responded.

'Oh boy!' Riko shook her head.

'What!' Sidney demanded.

'You leave foul mood in office,' Riko darted a finger in Sidney's direction, 'No bring grumpy face home.'

Sidney stood up and rewarded Riko with a sarcastic smile as she walked to the sink to wash her mug.

'I'm on my way to the office,' Sidney exited the kitchen, not looking back at Riko.

Sidney switched on the radio in Chase's car. It was set on a classical music channel. She was pleased to be driving his car, it made her feel closer to him. She breathed deeply, greedily inhaling the musk scent of Chase still in the car.

Oh Chase, I miss you already, my darling. How am I going to survive five long, tormenting nights?

She made a mental note to find some activities, anything to keep her occupied. Should she go back to gym? It had been months since she'd seen the inside of a gym. She could take dancing classes. No that would just make her long more to be in Chase's arms. Perhaps she could go and visit Shari. No she could not leave town right now. There were too many project meetings to attend.
She yelled at the top of her voice, a heart wrenching, ear piercing yell. That felt good. Sidney looked around at the other motorists on either lane alongside her. Nobody had even cast a cursory glance her way. She grinned as she angled the car into the parking space. Freedom of expression can be exhilarating.

Chase glanced at his watch. Generally commercial airlines did the trip in about twenty one hours. But his superb pilot had made a previous trip in sixteen hours. He smiled. An abundance of wealth had its advantages. Another eight hours and he would be touching down at Sydney airport.
Sidney, my Sidney!

He groaned, feeling a painful throb in his groin.

'Something wrong Chase?' his secretary enquired, hearing his groan.

He shoved the report he was trying to read back into his briefcase. He'd been staring at it for the past two hours and he had not seen a word.

All he saw was Sidney.  Sidney's eyes. Sidney's arms around his neck. Sidney's lips on his.

He picked up his laptop. 'I will be in my suite,' he strode away. Chase lay on the comfortable bed in his suite, it was not as huge as the one on his estate, but its comfort was comparable. He could not get the image of Sidney out of his mind, her face haunted him. He could picture her naked body pressed against him last night, her attractive eyes full of desire, her lips swollen from his kisses, an aching sensation throbbed deep down in him, as he thought about their bodies joining.

This is no bloody good!

He ripped off all his clothes, and strode into the bathroom, punishing his body with an ice cold shower. He was becoming too emotionally attached to Sidney. He did not do emotions and he did not do long term relationships. He could end this any time he wanted to right!

Well Rennard you engineered this breakaway session. You could have delegated this trip to one of your managers. But you wanted this separation, now deal with it!